9/24 at Tigers

flavum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
Middle of the order hitters with power, who lead the league in getting on base, and rarely strike out, are total fools. We certainly don't need to see his type on the White Sox.

Giving a ton of money over 4 years to 36 year old DHs is always a great move. In fact, there are so many good signings like this, I'm certain you wouldn't have a problem coming up with a few examples for us.

I guess I am not surprised that you and PR are salivating at the chance to sign him to big $. It falls right in line with your other musings.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
Please. Ever since they started winning, they've been a pretty classless team.

Miguel Cabrera, one of, is the most classless player in the league, yet is beloved. I'll never understand it.

Read my post again, then read the 2-3 posts before that... Do we need a map for everything? ;)

QUOTE (1dog @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
Giving a ton of money over 4 years to 36 year old DHs is always a great move. In fact, there are so many good signings like this, I'm certain you wouldn't have a problem coming up with a few examples for us.

I guess I am not surprised that you and PR are salivating at the chance to sign him to big $. It falls right in line with your other musings.

David Ortiz, Harold Baines, Jim Thome, Frank Thomas, Paul Molitor, Dave Winfield,Raul Ibanez...

A few examples of guys who were pretty good hitters age 36 and over. Do you need more?

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
It didn't seem to be addressed in here, but Sale was in the dugout after the 6th and using hand binoculars towards the Tigers dugout. Then when Kinsler had the RBI double to take the lead, he did the binoculars at second base.

I mentioned the guy with binoculars in the OF. Word has it he was signaling breaking/fast ball pitches.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Verlander even in down year handled the Sox.

He has been pitching very well the last month...not back to Cy Young form, but he's figured out how to be more effective at 93-95 MPH.

Still has that snapdragon curveball on occasion, as well.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 09:11 PM)
"That's your boy out there..." Sale, according to the Tigers' TV lipreading crew.

Something about someone in CF is signalling to the DET batters somehow about the pitch calls/signals from the catcher.

MLBN had the Tigers broadcast crew. I saw Sale talking with Konerko and he was making motions like binocs or glasses or something. Tigers announcers said something about it but I didn't catch it all. Of course I don't remember then panning the cameras out that aways.

I just want a real Sox bullpen next year.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
MLBN had the Tigers broadcast crew. I saw Sale talking with Konerko and he was making motions like binocs or glasses or something. Tigers announcers said something about it but I didn't catch it all. Of course I don't remember then panning the cameras out that aways.

I just want a real Sox bullpen next year.

Must be the idea there's a person affiliated with the Tigers out in CF using binoculars to read the catcher's signs that Sale apparently picked up on and got upset about...or the Sox coaching/video staff picked up on it and passed the information on to Sale and Flowers.

Edited by caulfield12