9/24 at Tigers

flavum

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
How do you know it's a false accusation? Because the Tigers denied it?

Sale denying it after the fact doesn't matter. If he had told the truth he would have lost cash money. He's a killer between the lines and a businessman outside of them and that's exactly what I'd want from our ace.

You don't think its just a bit funny how the Sox are eerily quiet on this considering the days events?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:11 PM)
No. Immature is getting yourself suspended for no good reason.

Suspended? Why do you keep assuming that Sale would be suspended? Are you admitting Sale really did think Victor was getting signs from a fan with binoculars way the hell out in CF?

Can't wait to see this response...

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Suspended? Why do you keep assuming that Sale would be suspended? Are you admitting Sale really did think Victor was getting signs from a fan with binoculars way the hell out in CF?

If Sale admits he hit him on purpose, he will be suspended. It is guaranteed. He would probably miss the first few games next season.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)

With his reaction, how can you think anything but that? Why else would he have acted like he did today? He absolutely thought that and threw at Martinez in retaliation. Then he lied his ass of to the press to cover his rear end from getting suspended.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
If Sale admits he hit him on purpose, he will be suspended. It is guaranteed. He would probably miss the first few games next season.

You are looking at pretty much a guaranteed six or more game suspension to make sure he misses at least one start.

How many of you who say Sale is chicken-s*** and lame for saying he wasn't trying to hit V-Mart would be cool with him having to miss opening day next season over this?

Sale had to deny it. If this was a week ago, fine, let him get pushed back a couple days on his start, no big deal. But if he gets suspended now, he loses his opening day start, and that's a big deal. I bet he was told as much before the media came in after the game as well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
Even if it is a little immature, so what? The don't f*** with me attitude is tremendous even if the guy in the bleachers with binoculars was just some guy with little money and poor eyesight and was just catching a game. And the way guys dive when hitting now really has made the brushback a hard thing to execute .

Sale obviously has stuff that will intimidate. If he gets an attitude that does the same, it only makes him better.

Yep. Well put.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 12:49 AM)
With his reaction, how can you think anything but that? Why else would he have acted like he did today? He absolutely thought that and threw at Martinez in retaliation. Then he lied his ass of to the press to cover his rear end from getting suspended.

This is a correct take on the situation IMO.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 07:49 PM)

Like I said to rabbit, I can appreciate you sticking up for a player on your favorite team. What I'm saying and sticking by is that Sale was wrong, it was obvious, it was chicken s*** and the wrong way to handle the situation. Instead of allowing the paranoia to build, why didn't Sale and Flowers bring their concerns to the Umps instead of lashing out like f***ing child?

I also agree with Ausmus in that Victor didn't need somebody giving him signs last time Victor was at US Cellular so why all the sudden now? Because Sale let one lonely little heckler get to him and it created paranoia in Sale's mind before first pitch.

Again, I'm not saying Sale should come out and admit to hitting Martinez on purpose. That was never even the issue with me and my previous posts show that. My issue is that Sale acted like a kid having a tantrum during the game and then denied like a kid after the game. The kid needs to grow up and not allow hecklers to get under his skin. Pretty sad how Sale let one heckler and a fan in CF with binoculars to get into his head.

I don't like the Tigers but I agree with them on this. I know if the situations were reversed I'd be pretty pissed and I know many on this board would be too.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 06:26 AM)
Like I said to rabbit, I can appreciate you sticking up for a player on your favorite team. What I'm saying and sticking by is that Sale was wrong, it was obvious, it was chicken s*** and the wrong way to handle the situation. Instead of allowing the paranoia to build, why didn't Sale and Flowers bring their concerns to the Umps instead of lashing out like f***ing child?

I also agree with Ausmus in that Victor didn't need somebody giving him signs last time Victor was at US Cellular so why all the sudden now? Because Sale let one lonely little heckler get to him and it created paranoia in Sale's mind before first pitch.

Again, I'm not saying Sale should come out and admit to hitting Martinez on purpose. That was never even the issue with me and my previous posts show that. My issue is that Sale acted like a kid having a tantrum during the game and then denied like a kid after the game. The kid needs to grow up and not allow hecklers to get under his skin. Pretty sad how Sale let one heckler and a fan in CF with binoculars to get into his head.

I don't like the Tigers but I agree with them on this. I know if the situations were reversed I'd be pretty pissed and I know many on this board would be too.

It won't hurt Sale in the future if the Tigers think he may have a couple of screws loose. This is no big deal either way. Victor got hit on purpose, but he didn't exactly back off the pitch. he kind of leaned into it. I also doubt very seriously he was getting info from a guy in CF with binoculars. If he was getting it, why wouldn't the rest of the team been getting it, and if they were getting it, looking at Sale's line, it didn't matter.