2014 Ryder Cup Thread

daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 05:12 AM)
If the Americans can split, or somehow take 2.5 pts in the morning fourball, it would have to feel pretty good for Watson considering how well Rose and McIlroy have played.

Just a horrendous afternoon for the Americans. I know we've seen two 10-6 comebacks in the last 15 years, but it's essentially academic at this point

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Just a horrendous afternoon for the Americans. I know we've seen two 10-6 comebacks in the last 15 years, but it's essentially academic at this point

I think we'll fare better in the individual matchups...but getting 8 1/2 tomorrow is a tall order.

I f***ing love Graeme McDowell. One of the coolest cats on the planet. Any one who says his partner hit some swashbuckling iron shots is badass in my book.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
Fowler getting thumped

Ran into a buzz saw. Rory played incredibly well. 0 mistakes. Spieth really choked away his match against gmac after playing really well all weekend. And previously stated, 8.5 is just too tall an order. Not sure why the us plays so bad in foursomes

i was able to go in 2012 at medinah when I was living in Chicago. Really cool experience, however it's very hard to actually see more than a handful of holes and you don't really know what's going on in the greater picture of the match. I'm only about 70 miles away from Chaska and am considering getting tickets for 2016. I just like watching the event on tv so much, I may only consider going on Friday

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 09:06 AM)
i was able to go in 2012 at medinah when I was living in Chicago. Really cool experience, however it's very hard to actually see more than a handful of holes and you don't really know what's going on in the greater picture of the match. I'm only about 70 miles away from Chaska and am considering getting tickets for 2016. I just like watching the event on tv so much, I may only consider going on Friday

Oh man, I forgot 2016 was at Hazeltine. May have to try to go to that.

I always forget how far outside the Cities Chaska is. In my head it's by Minnetonka, but it's really not.