9/25 vs Royals

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 03:39 AM)
Handing the royals a game yet again...

That would be 0-6 or 0-7 for Quintana decisionwise against kc the last two years despite a strong era.

He was very good. Billy Butler got lucky on the routine 6-4-3 grounder off Petricka. He'd have been gotten buried alive on Twitter again by fickle/nervous KC fans.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
The defense and bullpen absolutely must be addressed for this franchise to go anywhere besides .500

Yes, it's kind of scary. I thought Semien would be fine at second. But with Gillaspie at third, problems at second and Abreu at first, there's big-time defensive trouble. We all know about LF and RF woes. Yikes.

Sox have the weirdest team in history.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
Apparently the Sox clinch a protected pick with a loss, so at least some here (I can care less) will be happy.

I'm really concerned about the future. How do you revamp a bullpen and an entire defense? 2015 looks like another 90 loss season barring an offseason miracle.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
I'm really concerned about the future. How do you revamp a bullpen and an entire defense? 2015 looks like another 90 loss season barring an offseason miracle.

So you're assuming they get worse than they are this year? explanation please.

In 2004 Cotts had an ERA of 5.65 and Politte was at 4.38.

In 2005 it was Cotts at 1.94 and Politte 2.00.

Miracles happen in bullpens every year

Keep calm man. 2 key arms for the pen would be huge. Obviously they can't "revamp" the entire D but I suppose you can take solace in knowing that there are 6 playoff teams that have a worse or mere .001 better fielding % than what the Sox have.

And ya, 90 losses is just silly to think. It wouldn't even take a miracle to get this team to .500.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 03:14 AM)
Semien since the call-up has been nails. I'd venture to guess he is hitting around .280+ with an OBP around .400.

What about his defense??? It's been awful.

Embarrasing loss again tonight. The Sox cannot navigate innings 7-9. No way no how. Sickening baseball again tonight in the final few frames.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Semien since the call-up has been nails. I'd venture to guess he is hitting around .280+ with an OBP around .400.

Looked it up.

Since his callup....

18 games, .285 AVG, 2 HR, 7 RBI, .344 OBP, 4 BB, 10 K

He hasn't been amazing by any means, but that's a positive sample size that you'd like to see going in to next season.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 03:12 AM)
So you're assuming they get worse than they are this year? explanation please.

With due respect, I don't think everybody wants me to give my assessment on our team's talent, etc. Suffice it to say I don't like our defense and bullpen moving forward.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 10:19 PM)
What about his defense??? It's been awful.

Embarrasing loss again tonight. The Sox cannot navigate innings 7-9. No way no how. Sickening baseball again tonight in the final few frames.

A player can improve his defense much easier than he can improve his offense. Lots of defense is just muscle memory and technique. You don't have an opposing force on defense.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)

.273/.310/.436.... he's got 4 walks in 55 ABs ( 2 2 walk games)

Edit- You already put up the stats...The updated variety

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)

I'm surprised we haven't seen him in the OF since his recall. He had started playing OF in the minors and Sanchez looks to be the frontrunner for the 2nd base job on defense alone.