9/28 vs Royals

flavum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, the Royals get the wildcard, can't win division.

It's time to serve one up on a platter for Paulie. Put it up on a tee for him, Ventura. If that punk kid sets him up for the easy strikeout, that's a bushleague move. They let Jeter have it on a platter.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
Just an incredible year for him. Abreu got most of the headlines, but Eaton was the catalyst at the top when he was healthy

As much as I despise Hahn for the Davidson trade, I commend him for finding Eaton. Nice.

Well, this is now officially a meaningless game. Congrats to Detroit on another title.

We might have a little depth in our IF. Sanchez and Semien look like they can play; I think they really want Johnson at 2b. That's 3.

Leury just can't hit, so that's that.

Then need 2 good hitters, 2 really good bullpen pitcher and a starter.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Just an incredible year for him. Abreu got most of the headlines, but Eaton was the catalyst at the top when he was healthy

I agree, I wouldn't mind the sox locking him up to a similar deal to Span(5 years/$16.5M + a club option) in the near future.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
Royals announcers critiquing KC Coleman throwing sliders to Paulie instead of cookies. Jeff Montgomery said George Brett was fed cookies in his final at bat. Royals should be ashamed of themselves.

That's a little much... he shouldn't be given a free hit no matter how meaningless the game is

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
That's a little much... he shouldn't be given a free hit no matter how meaningless the game is

Montgomery said it was another unwritten rule. If the game doesn't matter and a legend is in his final at bats, throw him a cookie.