SoxFest 2015

GGajewski18

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
1) We did homework on the guys and pursued them as far as we could, but didn't feel that there was a fit, Regarding Yoan Lopez specifically, we felt that a 100% tax on overage charges didn't justify the cost of bringing him in. Had we done so, it would have cost nearly 2 times the value of his contract and would limit other potential signings we could make outside of him, so we just didn't feel that was the right opportunity.

2) We are always looking to improve the team and we have been in contact with a few players, but we can't say one way or the other whether or not we will obtain these players.

this is my attempt of kissarse and brown-nosing. but i am serious.

this is 1 of the best sites of posters who are willing to help. many

thanks.

can i respond to this or make a general statement as a counter??

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
this is my attempt of kissarse and brown-nosing. but i am serious.

this is 1 of the best sites of posters who are willing to help. many

thanks.

can i respond to this or make a general statement as a counter??

You can do whatever you want, this is America.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
Not listening but 670's tweets are intriguing about the interview. I'll have to listen to the podcast.

670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 10m10 minutes ago

Hahn says Conor Gillaspie is the everyday third baseman right now, but it's "conceivable" White Sox could add someone to the mix there

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
dang it, that is what i thought.

When GMs say they could "conceivably" do something, it's as empty and vague as a statement can get and it means nothing at all. I could conceivably drive to Chicago right now and go to Soxfest because I have a car and enough money to pay for gas and a scalped ticket, but it's not going to happen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
When GMs say they could "conceivably" do something, it's as empty and vague as a statement can get and it means nothing at all. I could conceivably drive to Chicago right now and go to Soxfest because I have a car and enough money to pay for gas and a scalped ticket, but it's not going to happen.

an extremely good well said point.

many thanks.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
These tweets summarize it pretty well...

https://twitter.com/670TheScore

This is the most interesting. I also like to hear that the Sox took advantage of the lost season by seeing what some of these guys were made of.

670 The Score @670TheScore · 2h 2 hours ago

Hahn says last year's bullpen was "such a mess" that he gave Ventura freedom to experiment with relievers to learn more about them

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 10m10 minutes ago

Hahn says Conor Gillaspie is the everyday third baseman right now, but it's "conceivable" White Sox could add someone to the mix there

Pretty sure that someone is Davidson if he gets his s*** together

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
This is the most interesting. I also like to hear that the Sox took advantage of the lost season by seeing what some of these guys were made of.

670 The Score @670TheScore · 2h 2 hours ago

Hahn says last year's bullpen was "such a mess" that he gave Ventura freedom to experiment with relievers to learn more about them

excellent, nice way to experiment and see what the sox have.

good thinking.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
Pretty sure that someone is Davidson if he gets his s*** together

if he can hit avg 240+ with his power, it can be what he is saying. again trying to pull the wool over our eyes, by implying that the sox are looking. instead of saying that they are hoping that Davidson can rebound and will not spend nothing more.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
You can't argue with a 30 homer ceiling.

This is why I'm still on his bandwagon. Even though he struggled heavily last season. He still hit 20+ HRs. With how the league is scarce with power, you don't give up on that. Especially since last year was his first bad year professionally.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
if he can hit avg 240+ with his power, it can be what he is saying. again trying to pull the wool over our eyes, by implying that the sox are looking. instead of saying that they are hoping that Davidson can rebound and will not spend nothing more.

I'm sure a lot of us would take .240 AVG with 25-30 HRs.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
This is why I'm still on his bandwagon. Even though he struggled heavily last season. He still hit 20+ HRs. With how the league is scarce with power, you don't give up on that. Especially since last year was his first bad year professionally.

I'm sure a lot of us would take .240 AVG with 25-30 HRs.

Really 3b is up to Davidson. If he hits, he will steal the job from Conor. If not, he won't. Defense won't really matter because Conor isn't very good either.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
Really 3b is up to Davidson. If he hits, he will steal the job from Conor. If not, he won't. Defense won't really matter because Conor isn't very good either.

Agreed. I think if he can have another solid ST, he can earn a job this year.