**Official 2014 World Series Thread**

flavum

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ventura doesn't have his best stuff.

Seems like the effects of soreness/injury are limiting to the 95-97, touching 98 range....when he averaged 97 in the regular season.

Also probably not a good thing when you have to go to Frasor and Finnegan if they need to cover the 5th and 6th.

This is a game where Yost is going to be challenged to take his finger off the trigger as far as bringing in Herrera the next time Posey/Sandoval/Pence come up to bat.

Tough decision. They have to win this game, pretty much. Especially when Vargas/Guthrie don't exactly inspire fear in the opposition.

Edited by caulfield12

Interesting decision to not carry Ibanez on the bench....could have used him there against Machi.

We'll see how it turns out.

And apparently Yost made the right decision, in hindsight of course.

Herrera has 9 pitches so far, and full rest, so he should be able to go 1 2/3.

Lefty (former Sox) Javier Lopez in to attempt to get Gordon to roll into a DP. Gore's going to be tough to take out at 2B unless it's hit right at a middle infielder on the ground.

Guess we'll find out if Gordon can bunt. OR NOT.

Edited by caulfield12

Assuming Shields loses again to Bumgarner in Game 5, it obviously puts the onus on the Royals to beat both Hudson and Vogelsong.

At this point, it's looking like it comes back to KC with the Royals down 3-2 and Ventura/Peavy for Game 6 and Guthrie/Vargas/Duffy (whoever pitches the best in the game the Royals win in SF) for Game 7, if it gets that far.

The only other option would be to start Finnegan, but he's not stretched out, has been in relief for 5-6 weeks and could only go 2 or MAYBE 3 innings at the most.

Edited by caulfield12

That was a pretty good game for a 7-2 game in my opinion.

I still can't believe Cain scored so easily on that bullet base hit to left. I'm used to Sox station to station baseball.

Butler looked good tonight. KC will miss him in the lineup in SF. There's really no way he can play. No where to put him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 12:10 AM)
That was a pretty good game for a 7-2 game in my opinion.

I still can't believe Cain scored so easily on that bullet base hit to left. I'm used to Sox station to station baseball.

Butler looked good tonight. KC will miss him in the lineup in SF. There's really no way he can play. No where to put him.

Not without benching Hosmer, which isn't happening with Butler on the way out the door.

Ishikawa (the equivalent of Conor playing LF) had a bad throw to the relay man on that play....otherwise it would have been very close at the plate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 5m5 minutes ago Missouri, US

sources: lincecum will have mri on low back/left side. pitching still up in air. http://cbsprt.co/1z1ihjy

Buck and Reynolds were throwing bouquets at Lincecum and then boom, hurt. "He has worked with his father on his mechanics and delivery and he looks great tonite.......and now Lincecum has called the trainer to the mound"