Guess the first offseason trade

Jerksticks

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

November 18th - White Sox trade Marcus Semien and Chris Bassitt to Rockies for OF Drew Stubbs and LRP Rex Brothers

With Dickerson, CarGo, Blackmon, and Stubbs, the Rockies may be inclined to move one of those guys. I think the Sox may sell high on Bassitt, and try to rebuild that horrible bullpen by buying low on Brothers.

Stubbs is a plus defender with very good speed and a draws a decent amount of walks. Him and Eaton at the top of the line-up would actually be pretty fun, and Stubbs defense over Viciedo's would be remarkable. Avi would be moved to left, Stubbs would probably play RF just due to Eaton's below average arm. Although interestingly enough, in their small sample sizes, Eaton plays RF much better than his larger sample size in CF, which makes things a little hard to place considering Stubbs has the much better arm.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 01:04 AM)
November 18th - White Sox trade Marcus Semien and Chris Bassitt to Rockies for OF Drew Stubbs and LRP Rex Brothers

With Dickerson, CarGo, Blackmon, and Stubbs, the Rockies may be inclined to move one of those guys. I think the Sox may sell high on Bassitt, and try to rebuild that horrible bullpen by buying low on Brothers.

Stubbs is a plus defender with very good speed and a draws a decent amount of walks. Him and Eaton at the top of the line-up would actually be pretty fun, and Stubbs defense over Viciedo's would be remarkable. Avi would be moved to left, Stubbs would probably play RF just due to Eaton's below average arm. Although interestingly enough, in their small sample sizes, Eaton plays RF much better than his larger sample size in CF, which makes things a little hard to place considering Stubbs has the much better arm.

Eaton will have to stay in CF...you don't take a top Gold Glove outfielder and shift him, unless it's someone like Cain giving way to Dyson in CF. I doubt Stubbs has more range than Eaton in CF, like the previous example.

If the White Sox view Bassitt as a long-term bullpen piece or 5th starter, I don't think they're going to make that trade for a complementary piece.

I see us trading Matt Davidson away for starting pitching.

As Tim Lincecum seems to be out of favour in San Francisco and Sandoval is out of contract.

I reckon we could see Matt Davidson and Marcus Semien for Tim Lincecum as the 1st trade on November 23rd.

QUOTE (glangon @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
I see us trading Matt Davidson away for starting pitching.

As Tim Lincecum seems to be out of favour in San Francisco and Sandoval is out of contract.

I reckon we could see Matt Davidson and Marcus Semien for Tim Lincecum as the 1st trade on November 23rd.

Why would the Giants possibly want Semien when they have a young 2nd/SS combo already??? You would need to swap Semien for a young pitching prospect.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 06:26 AM)
Why would the Giants possibly want Semien when they have a young 2nd/SS combo already??? You would need to swap Semien for a young pitching prospect.

Lincecum's making $18 million in 2015...and has full no-trade protection.

He couldn't even last in that rotation after Cain went down, in the NL West with all those big stadiums...how would he fare in the AL Central, exactly?

The Giants would be elated to dump that contract, let alone get anything back in return or NOT have to surrender cash as well.

With Peavy likely headed out the door, they still probably will keep him around for one more season...not to mention they don't know what they'll get out of Cain upon return, or when he'll be back to 100%.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
Lincecum's making $18 million in 2015...and has full no-trade protection.

He couldn't even last in that rotation after Cain went down, in the NL West with all those big stadiums...how would he fare in the AL Central, exactly?

The Giants would be elated to dump that contract, let alone get anything back in return or NOT have to surrender cash as well.

With Peavy likely headed out the door, they still probably will keep him around for one more season...not to mention they don't know what they'll get out of Cain upon return, or when he'll be back to 100%.

I bet Peavy stays. He likes playing for Bochy. They were together in SD.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
wRC Cola is so in the past. It is like a TV without a remote. You need the wRC+ stuff. Much better.

i didnt know they made an energy drink. that stuff is gonna sell like crazy