Guess the first offseason trade

Jerksticks

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 15, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
I like the idea of Santana. Is there a reason no one has mentioned Billingsley?

Chad's coming back from Tommy John surgery. He's expected to be ready by ST but not a guy I would count on for alot of inngs pitched in 2014.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 15, 2014 -> 04:37 PM)
Well, I've said plenty of times that Alexei's defense is not easy to replace, at least not from within the organization. I did some looking around at SS rankings and found this...

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/end-of-se...ues-shortstops/

Just for the record, I never look at fangraphs and know nothing of the site but I did find their rankings to be quite interesting.

Perhaps I am under valuing Alexei but I'm coming from the angle of how will he be in the future if I'm a team interested in trading for him. Being 33 he will begin to decline, could be 2015 or a few years from now, we don't know.

If one considers these rankings to be pretty close then a case can be made for selling high on Alexei while the Sox can, before regression happens. Unless the Sox plan on sliding him over to 2B/3B in the future or let him walk in FA after the 2016 season.

As I said before, this is the year the Sox s*** or get off the pot when it comes to deciding Alexei's future with the team.

As for Greene. Yes, he is projected as a #4/#5 starter but the kid has very good downward movement on his fastball and slider hence all the ground balls which is a good thing at the cell. He's also starting to throw a cutter which Coop could help with as well as help with developing a changeup. As of right now, were hoping Noesi can handle the #3 spot in the rotation and in my opinion Greene already has better stuff than Noesi. I'd feel much better with Greene pitching #3 than Noesi and I really like what I saw from Noesi last season and believe he will continue to improve but I still see him as more of pretty damn good #4/#5.

I'm not arguing that this may be the best time to trade Alexei, if the package is right I'm definitely moving him. But Greene is just not that package in my opinion. I don't doubt that Alexei is a top 5 SS in the game and that should come at pretty decent price. Make it Greene, Jose A Ramirez, and an A ball OF (a talented long shot) and we can talk.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 15, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)
I'm not arguing that this may be the best time to trade Alexei, if the package is right I'm definitely moving him. But Greene is just not that package in my opinion. I don't doubt that Alexei is a top 5 SS in the game and that should come at pretty decent price. Make it Greene, Jose A Ramirez, and an A ball OF (a talented long shot) and we can talk.

Alexei is a bonafide vacuum at SS and starts 160 games. That's worth legit ML talent x2 or something isn't it?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 03:12 AM)

If and I mean if, any team can put a package of prospects, then trade him.

otherwise no. ref Greene, its just my opinion, but he is not enuf.