July 2nd (2015) prospects

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 12:21 PM)
That tweet is getting my hopes up now. I really want VGJR now.

How does he project?

Since Vlad is the #1 overall prospect in this year's July 2 period, so he'll comment a high bonus probably close to $3,000,000, maybe even $3,500,000.

As a player he as has huge power potential and projects to be a huge run producer who can anchor the middle of our order. He might be on the 'built side of things' as he is 6'2 and 220lbs, but I think that he could slim down as he isn't done growing. He probably plays RF or 1B in the pros and I would rate his power tool as a legit 80.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Since Vlad is the #1 overall prospect in this year's July 2 period, so he'll comment a high bonus probably close to $3,000,000, maybe even $3,500,000.

As a player he as has huge power potential and projects to be a huge run producer who can anchor the middle of our order. He might be on the 'built side of things' as he is 6'2 and 220lbs, but I think that he could slim down as he isn't done growing. He probably plays RF or 1B in the pros and I would rate his power tool as a legit 80.

Vlad Jr would be a great get.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)

i am 100% on board with you,

i remember a list of 2015 int'l fa's list who could be signed on and after july 2. does anyone have a copy saved?

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)

I agree but I would prefer if the Sox did what they did last year and spread their money around and sign a group of solid prospects and not just 1 player, like the Brewers and Rays did last year. Maybe the Sox can make a deal(s) for more INTL cap space.

Since they don't have the draft picks, they need a big year in LA.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Feb 20, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
I agree but I would prefer if the Sox did what they did last year and spread their money around and sign a group of solid prospects and not just 1 player, like the Brewers and Rays did last year. Maybe the Sox can make a deal(s) for more INTL cap space.

Since they don't have the draft picks, they need a big year in LA.

I will add this, since Marco Paddy came aboard in 2011 the White Sox INTL/LA Operation has been among the best in MLB. The Sox have singed some intriguing, quality players. And we're only starting to see some of those guys make their way stateside.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
I'd be curious to see this argument. That's incredibly hard to quantify at this point and even down the line there's plenty of variables to account for.

The guys who would have been signed then are like 19/20 years old now. That is just crazy.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 23, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
I'd be curious to see this argument. That's incredibly hard to quantify at this point and even down the line there's plenty of variables to account for.

Victor Done, Luis Martinez, Antonio Rodriguez, Micker Adolfo, Johan Cruz are just some of the guys that Paddy has signed, those are the guys that have come stateside so far. Probably 2 or 3 more will make the jump this year.

To my knowledge, very few teams not named the Yankees or the Cubs, are having that kind of success from 2011/12 to 2014.

Paddy has signed some solid prospects in his short time with the Sox. There is some real talent on the DSL team.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 12:01 AM)
Simply naming the guys he signed isn't much of an argument. What are you basing all of the success off of?

Besides the fact that anything's going to be perceived as successful when you're comparing it to non-existent.

Most are still not happy with the Nestor Molina deal. That was terrible.

In general, the system is improving...slowly, gradually.

Now if there's proof out there Paddy was a major part of the Avisail Garcia acquisitions, specifically identified Montas and Rondon from Boston...Cleto and Onelki Garcia, etc., then there would be more reason besides Micker Adolfo to be excited. The jury's still out.

Also, if he had anything to do with Hector Noesi. If we want to measure success here, we have to look carefully at any Dominican and Venezuelan acquisitions, those are the two markets we were WAY behind in, and Asia as well (nothing since Takatsu and Iguchi).

And, yes, Paddy's MAIN priority is 14-20 year old Latin American talent, but someone in his position should have his fingers in multiple pots.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 12:01 AM)
Simply naming the guys he signed isn't much of an argument. What are you basing all of the success off of?

I said those are guys that have come stateside. 5 LA guys to come stateside that quickly considering that there are a lot of guys who repeat the DSl for 4 or 5 years and most of the guys never come stateside, is pretty good. The 5 guys thst I mentioned have come stateside in a rather quick fashion, 1-2 years and dont forget Micker came straight to the states which is rare too.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
Where is Brady Aiken these days?

IMG Academy in Florida? Juco? Independent League? It's hard to find any information about his whereabouts.

if i remember correctly, he may be going the independent rt, so he can be eligible for the draft this yr.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Nothing linking White Sox to one of the top guys

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/july-2nd-pl...ing-into-focus/

Beat me to it.

Im sure the Sox have some deals in place, maybe he responds to my comment.

Also the Sox can trade for an additional, $1,721,500 in bonus allotment, whcih would bring their total to $5,164,500.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
This was interesting from Kiley McDaniel's Fangraphs chat today:

Comment From mesut ozil

heard the White Sox linked with anyone on J2?

12:57

Kiley McDaniel: yep. coming soon.

J2? Wait what?