Victor Martinez Re-signs with Tigers

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Victor Martinez

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 02:54 AM)
Vmart really liked the idea of playing In Chicago and with abreu but yea would have taken at

least 19mil from the sox and I agree, they need a big time bat to go behind abreu even someone

like melky but not Lind or butler etc. but hey maybe Hahn surprises us with a trade. The wait is killing me lol

nice post and yeah the wait is killing me as well.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 03:49 AM)
The biggest problem is that most of those RH bats aren't full-time outfielders and are more DH's...Torii Hunter, Michael Morse, Nelson Cruz, Billy Butler, etc.

We can't be sure about Yasmani Tomas, other than that the White Sox aren't going to risk $100 million for an unproven RH corner outfielder who's more Viciedo than Puig/Cespedes/Moncada/R.Castillo.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/282360051.html

If you go defense first for the outfield, then you have Rasmus, Rios...with arguments about Aoki and Denorfia. Not a pretty picture.

I was reading something yesterday of Howard 1b of Phillies, and Phillies attempt to trade him.

it mention that the Phillies will throw in a huge chuck of change to make it happen. of course

they need to supply a prospect with that order.

2 question, is Howard shoulder that bad and would he be a nice pickup for the sox.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 04:53 AM)
Will see what comes up. in all reality, drives me nuts all the Here-says of Scherzer, V-mart, Smardzija, Panda, Andrew Miller etc. EVERY year we hear of sox with the famous words "SHOWING INTEREST in some of the big boys... but trigger doesn't get pulled. Instead wind up taking the washed up leftovers or Others OUT OF THEIR PRIME in hoping they have a bounce back year. It still goes back to the year that KW was talking of REALLY doing something special of getting 3 players............ Turns out Tigers got Cabrera, Hunter and I forgot who the third player was that signed somewhere else. I can see the same happening this year. All the talk from Hahn and others about being AGGRESSIVE in the off season. Sox pockets cannot and will not compete with the big boys pockets except in the trade/sign rumor mill. will we get good players? probably. Top Notch ones that are proven to be clutch when so many others are pursuing them? probably not. except for Abreu....our history shows otherwise. So I think we can put te pipedreams away of Panda. Miller, Scherzer, Smardzjiza, etc.

in most cases I would be 1 of the first to mention what you wrote. but this yr, I think

it is going to be different. today is the fourth day of activity, there is still lots of time

left.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 13, 2014 -> 05:43 AM)
I was reading something yesterday of Howard 1b of Phillies, and Phillies attempt to trade him.

it mention that the Phillies will throw in a huge chuck of change to make it happen. of course

they need to supply a prospect with that order.

2 question, is Howard shoulder that bad and would he be a nice pickup for the sox.

No more Adam Dunn types please lol , super low average, k's a ton, slow, etc. and as rooftop shots said, no more past their prime types, don't want hunter. I wouldn't mind as maybe a dh but not as a starting OF