Mets/LAD/NYy interested in Alexei, according to Levine

southsider2k5

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
It wasn't reported so you don't know that.

Yeah well I have sources. I can't tell you who they are, but rest assured that those teams, plus quite a few others, are interested in both Chris Sale and Jose Quintana. The White Sox are listening but aren't sure the teams will give enough. Rick Hahn said something like "You don't ever want to say anybody's untouchable, because there's a price for everything, but I'm just not sure any one is going to be able to pay that price for either of our best two starting pitchers."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
Yeah well I have sources. I can't tell you who they are, but rest assured that those teams, plus quite a few others, are interested in both Chris Sale and Jose Quintana. The White Sox are listening but aren't sure the teams will give enough. Rick Hahn said something like "You don't ever want to say anybody's untouchable, because there's a price for everything, but I'm just not sure any one is going to be able to pay that price for either of our best two starting pitchers."

This need a new thread. Maybe two.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)

With out a link I just can't believe you.

To go back to my manufactured Rick Hahn quote, you don't want to say anybody's untouchable or they aren't going to be traded, but even if those teams have interest in Ramirez, I do not think he will be traded.

If I were Rick Hahn, I'd be more willing to move him, but I'm not and I'm not going to question his motives.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
Wasn't pretty at 3B.

He made some wild throws due to poor footwork. His hands and range looked good, if not really good.

He'd be an acceptable SS, but I don't think you want him there. He's not Michael Young, but I doubt he'd be anything more than average.

Typical Levine, pointing out the obvious while pulling s*** from his arse for his idiot readers to choke on. The Yanks and Dodgers are easy to speculate on but the Mets make no sense with Wilmer Flores already at SS.

Good grief Levine is an idiot!

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
Typical Levine, pointing out the obvious while pulling s*** from his arse for his idiot readers to choke on. The Yanks and Dodgers are easy to speculate on but the Mets make no sense with Wilmer Flores already at SS.

Good grief Levine is an idiot

I agree with you on the most part. but you have to take 1 thing in consideration,

he only batted something like 240 + with maybe 7 hrs.

they, being the mets can move him to 2nd to accommodate Alexei.

most should know I not in favor of ever trading Alexei but the rtn has to

be huge in order for me to say lets do it.

with the bolded, wasn't that always understood.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
He made some wild throws due to poor footwork. His hands and range looked good, if not really good.

If that's the case, it's something to build on. some more teaching and reps should improve him. Range and arm are there. Not sure he has a bat for 3B though.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Passable, probably. But it seems like we'd rather use Sanchez there and leave Semien at second.

I agree, Semien could be average at SS. I think to get the most value out of both Sanchez at SS and Semien at 2B would be ideal. That and bringing a rh bat that can platoon with Conor. Ideally Saladino comes back healthy because he should've gotten a look last year and fits the needs of this team. Solid defensively, right handed, crushes left handers and serviceable across multiple spots on the diamond.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)

:notworthy

Why would a rebuilding team like the Mets trade for a 33 year old SS when they have a young budding 23 year old already there in Wilmer Flores? Murphy is at second so where does Flores fit in? Alexei makes zero sense for the Mets and just another reason why Levine is a complete and utter moron.