Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

Interesting. I am curious to see who goes with Semien but presuming Semien is the centerpiece and the other name is lesser, you can sign me up all day as being thrilled. Next step sign him to an extension and sign us a closer. I prefer K-Rod to Robertson. Presume we can get K-Rod on a shorter term deal.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
What Dempster just described is not an ace, it's whatever superlative is used to a player who has a season 2-3x that of what Clayton Kershaw and his measly 7 WAR produced last season. I realize he doesn't know he just suggested that, but saying a single player will add "xxx" amount of wins to your team is just asking for WAR to be used to evaluate your assertion.

I doubt he gives a s***

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
Interesting. I am curious to see who goes with Semien but presuming Semien is the centerpiece and the other name is lesser, you can sign me up all day as being thrilled. Next step sign him to an extension and sign us a closer. I prefer K-Rod to Robertson. Presume we can get K-Rod on a shorter term deal.

An outfielder is just as important if not more than a closer/setup man IMO.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
Deal is done... and Danish is in it.

If you're basing that on the one tweet from one random dude

Rick Slattery

@rickslat123

Multiple Sources: Jeff #Samardzija to White #Sox for Marcus Semien, Tyler Danish and Trey Michalczewski. #wintermeetings #Athletics #shark

I don't know if I'd take that as gospel