Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
If Jeff were interested in re-signing, I think that at the earliest it would be around midseason, and there need to be a couple things satisfied for him to sign. He needs to absolutely love the organization. Not just as a fan, but the front office, everyone. He needs to be sold on JRs loyalty, and becoming a beloved White Sox figure. Also, the money is going to need to be competitive. If he's not going to hit the open market, then his contract needs to be competitive with the contract given to Lester, and the contracts that will be given to Shields and Scherzer. It will be real interesting to see what those guys sign for.

I also think the Sox will need to be right in the thick of it for either party to be interested in a contract extension. If the Sox, for some reason, tank next season, they will probably deal Jeff at the trade deadline. I don't foresee that happening and I believe the Sox will in the very least be in the hunt by the trade deadline.

I think the Sox will respect the fact that he wants to get to know the organization before considering an extension. That's a perfectly reasonable request. You want to know that you're not going to sign up for a situation like the Bears... I think Jeff knows the Sox are a good organization but just wants proof positive to be certain.

JR's loyalty has to be shown from the player first. then he will make the up most commitment to

that player which is to reciprocated that loyalty x 10.