Dodgers OFs

GGajewski18

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)
I think Crawford ends up making the most sense for the Dodgers to trade. And if they take Danks + add a good chunk of $ for Crawford's 2017 salary and I think it would still be a good deal for us. Kemp would obviously be nice, but the $ and risk just probably isn't worth it.

i am at work but didn't crawford had 26 stolen bases last yr???

Dodgers will not put any money in play if the Sox were to trade Danks for him. Hell, there's a chance the Dodgers ask for money back if Danks were to be included. I would look to trade Danks elsewhere, but still try a trade for Kemp. Heck, perform an MLB The Show trade and trade Danks for CarGo.

LF - Kemp

CF - Eaton

RF - CarGo

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
thanks i was off. either way, i still like his speed. bottom line he can still play ball.

He's also due $62.3 mill over the next 3 years. He's a good player, but I don't know that he's what the Sox need right now. If the Dodgers would take John Danks, Matt Davidson, and Erik Johnson, yeah, I'd be all over it, but they'll be able to get more than that.

I do think they end up moving both Kemp and Crawford and they'll go with Van Slyke, Pederson, Puig, and Ethier. If they do end up moving Ethier, I think it will be to the Sox, I think Danks will be involved, and I think the two parties will try and figure out a compromise for 2017 and Ethier is owed a lot of money while Danks is owed nothing beyond that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
Dodgers will not put any money in play if the Sox were to trade Danks for him. Hell, there's a chance the Dodgers ask for money back if Danks were to be included. I would look to trade Danks elsewhere, but still try a trade for Kemp. Heck, perform an MLB The Show trade and trade Danks for CarGo.

LF - Kemp

CF - Eaton

RF - CarGo

The Rockies would be able to trade Carlos Gonzalez without eating any money for decent talent. They'd hang up if you tried Danks straight up for Gonzalez.

Also, the Dodgers would not necessarily ask for money back if the Sox included Danks, but, depending on the play, they could want a player. Beyond even that, if you added Kemp and Carlos Gonzalez, then the Sox would be done making moves and you'd have yourself an expensive ass DH in Matt Kemp because Avisail Garcia, in all of his clumsiness, is a better defender than Matt Kemp.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 12:34 AM)
He's also due $62.3 mill over the next 3 years. He's a good player, but I don't know that he's what the Sox need right now. If the Dodgers would take John Danks, Matt Davidson, and Erik Johnson, yeah, I'd be all over it, but they'll be able to get more than that.

I do think they end up moving both Kemp and Crawford and they'll go with Van Slyke, Pederson, Puig, and Ethier. If they do end up moving Ethier, I think it will be to the Sox, I think Danks will be involved, and I think the two parties will try and figure out a compromise for 2017 and Ethier is owed a lot of money while Danks is owed nothing beyond that.

you are 100% right. i am just playing off the idea of the sox-dodgers trade. now if this was at another time and

you asked me if crawford is worth the trade. my answer would be no freaking way. but i am excited to see what

Hahn has in store.

you know when the sox makes that first move, domino effect will happen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 12:36 AM)
The Rockies would be able to trade Carlos Gonzalez without eating any money for decent talent. They'd hang up if you tried Danks straight up for Gonzalez.

Also, the Dodgers would not necessarily ask for money back if the Sox included Danks, but, depending on the play, they could want a player. Beyond even that, if you added Kemp and Carlos Gonzalez, then the Sox would be done making moves and you'd have yourself an expensive ass DH in Matt Kemp because Avisail Garcia, in all of his clumsiness, is a better defender than Matt Kemp.

here are 2 question, what if any does Tor and Mets need. i love their minor leagues.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)

You think there is going to be a big market for Carl Crawford and his $62.3M? I don't see it. The Dodgers are going to be choosing between getting a1/2 decent return and paying most of that 62M or getting little in return and freeing themselves of most(but not even close to all) of the $62M. There's not going to be a lot of teams lining up for Crawford. He's 33, really expensive, and due a lot of $

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
here are 2 question, what if any does Tor and Mets need. i love their minor leagues.

Mets could use Alexei (or any short stop really) and giving up their first round draft pick for 2 years of Cuddyer means they want to compete now.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 07:25 PM)
You think there is going to be a big market for Carl Crawford and his $62.3M? I don't see it. The Dodgers are going to be choosing between getting a1/2 decent return and paying most of that 62M or getting little in return and freeing themselves of most(but not even close to all) of the $62M. There's not going to be a lot of teams lining up for Crawford. He's 33, really expensive, and due a lot of $

100% agree. I'm not sure why teams would be that interested in an overpaid, aging speedster. The Dodgers will need to eat a big chunk of that salary if they want to get anything in return for him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 11, 2014 -> 01:34 AM)
If we didn't already have Eaton on the roster, Crawford would be more interesting.

Kemp doesn't make so much sense. It will come down to the asking price (prospects or salary subsidy) for Crawford and Ethier, if they look in the direction of the Dodgers.

he still can be a valuable addition. plus when Eaton get hurt, he can help

in other ways.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 07:25 PM)

I wouldn't necessarily say a big market, but between Crawford and Ethier, I would say that Crawford has more value, all things being equal. Thus, I think it's safe to say the Dodgers would prefer to deal Crawford over Ethier if they are going to have to pay one of them because they're likely to extract more value out of him while Ethier remains a better option off the bench.

I think it is way too likely Sox and Dodgers match up. I even wonder if a deal goes as far as Sox getting an OF and one of the Dodgers maligned relievers + cash for Danks. I wouldn't be opposed to buying low on Wilson/League. Might even turn into something mega with legit prospect or two coming to the Sox as well along with Ramirez. Probably too complicated but again, see a lot of pieces that could make sense.

Crawford makes sense if you use the DH as a rotating rest spot so he could play left and DH. OPS .767 last year with nearly equal L/R splits. Owed 62 over 3 years. The Dodgers could also use a #5 and Danks fits in terms of dollars and in moving to NL I think he can perform. Owed 29 over two so a difference of 33 million. I would want both Pedro Baez and Yimi Garcia as young cost controlled relievers and about 20 in cash. We can leverage our payroll flexibility to acquire young ready talent with the "bad contract".

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
I think it is way too likely Sox and Dodgers match up. I even wonder if a deal goes as far as Sox getting an OF and one of the Dodgers maligned relievers + cash for Danks. I wouldn't be opposed to buying low on Wilson/League. Might even turn into something mega with legit prospect or two coming to the Sox as well along with Ramirez. Probably too complicated but again, see a lot of pieces that could make sense.

Guerra and Belisario were maligned enough...

League, MAYBE. But Wilson, not much interest. His performance really declined, as well as his velocity, in 2014.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Nov 12, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Crawford makes sense if you use the DH as a rotating rest spot so he could play left and DH. OPS .767 last year with nearly equal L/R splits. Owed 62 over 3 years. The Dodgers could also use a #5 and Danks fits in terms of dollars and in moving to NL I think he can perform. Owed 29 over two so a difference of 33 million. I would want both Pedro Baez and Yimi Garcia as young cost controlled relievers and about 20 in cash. We can leverage our payroll flexibility to acquire young ready talent with the "bad contract".

That's a little misleading about his left/right splits. They only started him against a lefty in 4 games. He did put up a fine batting average overall, but it was only 64 PAs.

In 2013 when he started against lefties regularly, he put up a .551 OPS