Sox sign Melky Cabrera

GGajewski18

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just fine last season and the season before

He was a train wreck in 13. I don't have a problem with him getting caught, I have a problem with how getting caught has affected him as a player.

Look, I gotta accept it and root for the guy starting now. The way it is, I'm along for the ride. #teammelky.

This is just my opinion, but if I'm Rick Hahn, I keep Viciedo as a power guy off the bench. He can spell LaRoche against lefties (I know, Viciedo hasn't hit lefties well since 2012, but still) and is a good insurance policy due to the injury history of Melky and Avisail. If one of those two gets injured, that means Jordan Danks is your starting LF/RF, and that is not a good first outfield option off the bench for a playoff contender.

QUOTE (professa @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:55 AM)
This is just my opinion, but if I'm Rick Hahn, I keep Viciedo as a power guy off the bench. He can spell LaRoche against lefties (I know, Viciedo hasn't hit lefties well since 2012, but still) and is a good insurance policy due to the injury history of Melky and Avisail. If one of those two gets injured, that means Jordan Danks is your starting LF/RF, and that is not a good first outfield option off the bench for a playoff contender.

I don't think we can afford the 4th OF to be so bad at defense. This team still needs a ton of defensive help. I'd like to see them be aggressive with late inning replacements to protect leads this year.

I'd honestly rather have Danks than Viciedo.

Edited by Eminor3rd

The 4th OF has to be able to run and defend. I get where you're coming from and you're not wrong, but Viciedo just doesn't profile as a guy you can enter the game in multiple secnarios.