Sox sign Melky Cabrera

GGajewski18

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:15 AM)
If Sox push Danks, who in the minors able to compete for 5th starter job and being competitive in MLB ? NOT counting Rodon.

Considering that would be like trading Danks for Melky, I think Hahn would sign a starter cheap like Morrow/Beachy/Medlan with the little cash we had left reportedly.

In house options, Erik Johnson, Chris Beck, Erik Surkamp?

If Sox push Danks, who in the minors able to compete for 5th starter job and being competitive in MLB ? NOT counting Rodon.

IF we trade Danks I think we would be signing a 5th starter

I can't believe this is happening. White Sox have won the off-season and it is not even Christmas yet!

No one really. Johnson needs to redeem himself after last year and Beck is a huge question mark with little experience above Double-A. Sox would need to acquire a better option IMO, a reclamation project or something of that nature.

It's going to be interesting to see what we do with our bench now. We really need two right-handed bats to platoon with LaRoche & Conor. I think Saladino can be Conor's platoon partner if healthy. No idea who they can get to fill-in for LaRoche.

We also need to a strong defensive OF that can play all three positions. The good news is that guy can be left-handed since Eaton & Melky are both pretty good against LHP. Looks like that spot will come down Danks or Shuck, which I'm cool with.

I'll give Hahn credit for this... he filled every major MLB hole the Sox had with at least a starting caliber guy (in the case of Robertson and Samardzija he went above and beyond) and put us in at least the discussion in the AL. At the same time the farm system has been kept very well in tact and looks to continue its improvement. The Sox got this much better at the big league level and still kept Montas, Anderson and Danish.

We aren't totally screwed financially either, neither the Robertson nor Cabrera deals break the bank.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
So do I buy a split season now or just go with the season ticket? Jesus f*** I am loving this 2015 team already!

That's an obvious answer and if I lived in Chicago then I'd show you what's what. :)

I'm here to eat crow. Melky was my #1 target for the Sox this offseason. After they signed LaRoche, I went scorched earth and criticized Hahn for (in my perception of things) choosing LaRoche over Melky. I had no idea that signing both was possible.

Kudos to you, Rick Hahn. I'm just going to STFU and watch you work your magic.