Sox sign Melky Cabrera

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
I was reading a comment from Keith Law who said that this draft class looks quite weak, so perhaps it's not the worst year to lose a couple of picks. Hopefully they will at least use their entire IFA pool as a way to compensate for the lost draft talent. Either that or there's still always the possibility to acquire competitive balance picks.

this yrs draft is depended on how one is looking at or for. this draft has a few major A+

college players. then a small group of really good serviceable college players. then HS'ers

for the majority.

now for the HS'ers, no top notch pitchers but a huge group of very good pitchers that are

serviceable, mix is a couple of interesting bats.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
Some people will complain about everything

i can see their opinion, the sox endorse Melky and what he did to beat the

systems. if posters wish it keep it as black and white, i can see that and

respect it. but little do they know, it is not black and white.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:33 AM)
Has Flavum posted in this thread tonight?

Ha! Just heard about this. Yeah, I'm not big on the Sox signing PED guys after they're in the union.

I can't deny Cabrera is a perfect fit and sometimes, as a fan, you have to root for players you don't like as people. We'll see how it goes.

Also, good job by Bruce Levine even though he's gross. He'll be on the Score at 8.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 07:28 AM)
Eaton

Cabrera

Abreu

LaRoche

Garcia

Gillaspie

Ramirez

Flowers

Johnson

I think we're almost at rosterbating level.

Ugh, forgot Flowers is still there. We've upgraded so much though, it's hard to be mad we didn't upgrade C.

And can we call him Melkman? Or is that too disrespectful to the legend of Herbert Perry?

Edited by Brian

Unless you have issues with the past PED use, I'm not sure how anyone wouldn't like this deal. We filled our biggest hole with a guy that has been a 2.6+ WAR player in each of the past four years when he didn't have a tumor on his spine. The deal is relatively short-term and covers his age 30 to 32 seasons, so the overall risk is limited. His skill-set is perfect fit for the two hope and he adds more balance to the lineup being a switch-hitter.

Outside of his defense, which is still an upgrade over Viciedo, I'm not sure what there is not to like here.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:53 AM)
So I guess the Sox forfeit another pick in the draft? That kind of sucks, but not the end of the world.

They lost their second round pick when they signed Robertson. They only lose their third round pick by signing Cabrera.

They never lose their first round pick - it's protected.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 07:22 AM)
Ha! Just heard about this. Yeah, I'm not big on the Sox signing PED guys after they're in the union.

I can't deny Cabrera is a perfect fit and sometimes, as a fan, you have to root for players you don't like as people. We'll see how it goes.

Also, good job by Bruce Levine even though he's gross. He'll be on the Score at 8.

might be because i'm listening online

but there's no bruce levine, it's some bulls*** NFL fantasy show