Sox sign Melky Cabrera

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
Wonder if they spend anymore, because if they are already over projected payroll, why not keep going for it? I'm sure the Melky signing will help even more with sales. It'll be interesting to see what Hahn does, even when Hawk hints that he still thinks one or two moves will happen.

Yeah, it changes the spending perspective completely. I'd love to know how the phones are ringing right now in the Sox ticket office.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
Yeah, it changes the spending perspective completely. I'd love to know how the phones are ringing right now in the Sox ticket office.

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 10m10 minutes ago

Rick Hahn says that because ticket sales were up after winter meetings moves, Reinsdorf gave approval for Cabrera contract.

Goes without saying that the White Sox are headed above what they expected to spend on 2015 payroll.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 12m12 minutes ago

Hahn: '2 driving factors. Jerry giving us latitude to aggressively pursue Melky and response we've received from Sox fans so far'

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)

Rick Hahn says that because ticket sales were up after winter meetings moves, Reinsdorf gave approval for Cabrera contract.

Goes without saying that the White Sox are headed above what they expected to spend on 2015 payroll.

Hahn: '2 driving factors. Jerry giving us latitude to aggressively pursue Melky and response we've received from Sox fans so far'

Excellent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)

This just convinces me that Hahn reads this board lol. But in all seriousness, trade Viciedo and possibly Danks, sign Bonifacio and Beachy/Medlan and call it an off season.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
This just convinces me that Hahn reads this board lol. But in all seriousness, trade Viciedo and possibly Danks, sign Bonifacio and Beachy/Medlan and call it an off season.

I'm guessing it's the ticket boosts and re-ups.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
We might as well sign Scherzer.

That would be the first really bad contract they gave out this winter. I think the Robinson deal is close, the years scare me more than the dollars. But to go to the 7ish years and $200ish million it will take to sign Scherzer is just begging to be a disaster of a deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
That would be the first really bad contract they gave out this winter. I think the Robinson deal is close, the years scare me more than the dollars. But to go to the 7ish years and $200ish million it will take to sign Scherzer is just begging to be a disaster of a deal.

On the other hand, he went to the University of Missouri.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 6m6 minutes ago

Ken Williams said Cabrera had 4 year offer from another club, took 3 with White Sox.

Really, gonna post the tweet and not post the link? Because in this instance

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/544967314701967360

(if you are around people, this may be mildly NSFW)