Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:27 PM)
Wonder how we could possibly work Dee Gordon out of this. Send the Phillies Montas + maybe?

I'll be disappointed if Micah Johnson can't put up similar numbers (outside of stolen bases) as Gordon in a few years. Montas is more valuable, IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
I'll be disappointed if Micah Johnson can't put up similar numbers (outside of stolen bases) as Gordon in a few years. Montas is more valuable, IMO.

Yeah, Dee Gordon doesn't excite me that much. Nice player but if the Sox bring in a 2B, I hope it's someone who is like really really good.

The Dodgers still need to move an outfielder or two. Apparently, they didn't accomplish that in this trade.

The Sox couldn't really afford to move Alexei, so maybe it's a good thing that the Dodgers acquired their SS, without

moving an outfielder. That has to still be on their agenda. What else could L. A. use, in exchange?

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 04:50 PM)
The Dodgers still need to move an outfielder or two. Apparently, they didn't accomplish that in this trade.

Yeah, would have been intriguing for the Sox to get involved here, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

LAD still needs to move Kemp, Ethier or Crawford..

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
I guess Dodgers traded Dee Gordon and Dan Haren for one of Marlins top prospects (top 50 pitching prospect in baseball). Presuming he still counts as prospect despite making 7 or 8 big league starts a year ago.

Heaney is a stud and Haren won't even play for them. Not a good move by the Fish

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
I guess Dodgers traded Dee Gordon and Dan Haren for one of Marlins top prospects (top 50 pitching prospect in baseball). Presuming he still counts as prospect despite making 7 or 8 big league starts a year ago.

Marlins must have LOVED Gordon... They are idiots.