Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

That would still leave a logjam with Ethier, Crawford, Puig, Pederson and Van Slyke.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went on to shed one of those first two names (somehow).

Interesting move for the Padres, who've never been one to take on that kind of salary. Wonder if they're getting any type of cash subsidy.

WHAT NEXT?

Kershaw/Greinke/Hamels/Shields OR Scherzer/Ryu???

That would be unreal. Don't think it will happen. But who's left to pay Scherzer and Shields? Red Sox? Yankees? Giants? Tigers? Mariners?

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 03:40 AM)
WHAT NEXT?

Kershaw/Greinke/Hamels/Shields OR Scherzer/Ryu???

That would be unreal. Don't think it will happen. But who's left to pay Scherzer and Shields? Red Sox? Yankees? Giants? Tigers? Mariners?

You left out McCarthy who they just signed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:09 AM)
What were you saying about Freidman?? :lol:

Yeah, I don't get the Kendrick move. I mean, Kendrick is good, but I thought the whole point of this was to open a slot for Guerrero/Arreubarrena with a sprinkling of Darwin Barney and newly acquired Enrique Hernandez.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
Would you guys trade Danks for Ethier + cash given how tight we are for money? Not saying I would do it as I am not a huge Ethier fan, but strictly on needs and money standpoint.

Yes, especially if the Sox were to sign Masterson or the like. Of course, they'd have to send enough money.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
Would you guys trade Danks for Ethier + cash given how tight we are for money? Not saying I would do it as I am not a huge Ethier fan, but strictly on needs and money standpoint.

It has to be a lot of money. And OF defense is a big problem right now. Avi and Ethier is going to make us quite dependent on our pitchers K-rates