Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
How do you know the sox don't a shortstop besides alexei. How much have you seen semien or sanchez or even saladino play there to no even include them in the conversation. People are acting like if alexei was off the team and the Sox would get value in return then they couldn't compete. Alexei has value but not to to the point of saying we are guaranteed to win with him or without him we are guaranteed to lose.

No one has ever said the Sox are guaranteed to win or lose with or without Alexei Ramirez. However, the White Sox insistence on not playing Semien and Sanchez at SS indicates that they aren't comfortable with them at the position. Saladino is recovering from Tommy John surgery and frankly the idea of Saladino is frightening.

The Sox SHOULD explore a trade of Alexei Ramirez. I do not believe they should trade him for Jeff Samardzija in any fashion.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
No one has ever said the Sox are guaranteed to win or lose with or without Alexei Ramirez. However, the White Sox insistence on not playing Semien and Sanchez at SS indicates that they aren't comfortable with them at the position. Saladino is recovering from Tommy John surgery and frankly the idea of Saladino is frightening.

The Sox SHOULD explore a trade of Alexei Ramirez. I do not believe they should trade him for Jeff Samardzija in any fashion.

Sox weren't insistent of not letting semien or sanchez play ss. Alot of Semiens time was at second cause Beckham was injured by the beginning of the year. Then when he came back up he played second again along with sanchez cause backham was traded. Also saw time at 3rd. Alexei playing 158 games at shortstop doesn't allow for anyone else to play there. That means the sox would have had to bench alexei to try them out there and why would they do that. Why is saladino frightening. Hahn spoke highly of him when he got injured and said would have been pushing up to the majors if it wasn't for the injury. Said he showed alot more offense this year and has been showing he can play more then one position.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 12:51 PM)
Sox weren't insistent of not letting semien or sanchez play ss. Alot of Semiens time was at second cause Beckham was injured by the beginning of the year. Then when he came back up he played second again along with sanchez cause backham was traded. Also saw time at 3rd. Alexei playing 158 games at shortstop doesn't allow for anyone else to play there. That means the sox would have had to bench alexei to try them out there and why would they do that. Why is saladino frightening. Hahn spoke highly of him when he got injured and said would have been pushing up to the majors if it wasn't for the injury. Said he showed alot more offense this year and has been showing he can play more then one position.

Marcus Semien played 83 games in the minors last year and only 42 at SS. Carlos Sanchez played 110 games in the minors and 44 games at SS. Saladino played 50 of 82 games at SS, making him the most likely. Perhaps they were just shuffling, but from what I've seen, really only Semien appeared to have enough range and it was far less than that of Ramirez. The Sox could compete or they could justify going into a rebuilding season if they got enough for Ramirez, but I do not view that as likely.

Also, the idea of Tyler Saladino is frightening because this was his first successful season since 2011. His peripherals were fairly solid, but compare him to someone like Jordan Danks or Andy Wilkins. Would you want either of those guys starting every day for the Sox? I surely would not. Saladino put up comparable or worse numbers than those guys. He's a utility player moving foward.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 06:08 PM)
How do you know the sox don't a shortstop besides alexei. ~1. How much have you seen semien or sanchez or even saladino play there to no even include them in the conversation. People are acting like if alexei was off the team and the Sox would get value in return then they couldn't compete. Alexei has value but not to to the point of saying we are guaranteed to win with him or without him we are guaranteed to lose.

ref ~1. b/c it is up to the Sox org to continue to talk up there players. we has fans may never

see any of the prospect live, but we listen to an org rep, whom we trustt, to tell us the fans.

now if you say what make them wanting to tell the truth. well, lets look at Rodon, did any

of the fans of this board actually seen him let alone judge based on first hand knowledge? well

we believe in those who rep the org of his skills. same thing with the bigger picture.

#2. at least when the sox trade Alexei to another org, if traded, the sox will be guarantee several

players coming back, in the right trade. those players will fill holes. why does the org need to trade

of JS, if that position can be filled by other means.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 5, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)
He is all about getting every penny he can.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/28266069-41...ml#.VIHzltLF-So

i agree, even without the link for the article. btw, good reading.

if JS was wanting to come back and be willing to give that discount, tell the fans what that

price is or let his agent mention it.

how much to sign him???

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 03:00 AM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

Belief around baseball is that Noah Syndergaard is in play in trade talks for the #Mets.

Hey Mets, you want Alexei?

Seems like Tulo would be the guy if Thor's involved.

Should the Sox go after Syndergaard, after acquiring Shark and Robertson because it looks like the team is looking to compete? Remember that Shark is going to test FA and if that happens then he might be out of the Sox's price range. Syndergaard gives them a long term piece to add to the core. He is a flamethrower and a presence on the mound with more than a feel to pitch.

Do you engage in trade talks with the Mets?

Sox could sign drew if they trade Alexei. If the sox can lockup samardzija and we're able to get Snydergaard plus for ramirez then I would do it. The shortstop market is shrinking. Starlin castro is supposedly to be off the market now and I don't believe Tulo is going anywhere. The Mets and dodgers are in desperate need and I would be asking for Snydergaard or Pederson. Imagine if the sox were able to lockup samardzija and acquired Snydergaard. That rotation would be sale, Samardzija, quintana, Snydergaard and Rodon in the future. Pretty damn good if you tell me. But I only trade Alexei if you got something of Snydergaard or Pederson.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
Competing is not dependent on Alexei.

It is dependent on better defense and a LF.

you sound misinformed. specifically because of how bad the Sox defense was last season. if this team is going to compete, they need to catch/throw the ball a helluva a lot better than last season and Alexei's defense is DEFINITELY a part of that equation.