Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
So Arruebarrena is a slight improvement over Leury? Yikes, never mind.

OK, new bucket of s*** to throw at the wall. Tell the Dodgers Gordon and Schebler for Alexei.

I hate to keep doing this, but I'm not sure why they'd deal Gordon if they don't feel Guerrero is a capable 2B. If they did, that one might make a little more sense, but the report on Gordon is that he doesn't have the arm for SS (which seems weird knowing who his father and brother are, but that's what they say).

The only way that makes sense is if the Sox included Carlos Sanchez in that deal too, and really I think that's getting to be too many moving parts. I'm not sure all sides would be happy with that one.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 12:22 AM)
So Arruebarrena is a slight improvement over Leury? Yikes, never mind.

OK, new bucket of s*** to throw at the wall. Tell the Dodgers Gordon and Schebler for Alexei.

for me, when i first saw this a 1/2 hr ago, i was dumbfounded.

bottom line ....... no freaking way.

i can see why it, at first look good, nah.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
I think it's crazy that some fans think the Sox could get Seager for Alexei, which would never happen and others are willing to take Schebler for Alexei. These are two way different ends of the spectrum. The Dodgers really aren't much of a match with the Sox in terms of prospects. Even if they felt inclined to move Pederson, they could get better value of moving him for someone other than Alexei.

Id give them some cash and one of our lower profile prospects along with Alelxi to get Seager.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
I think it's crazy that some fans think the Sox could get Seager for Alexei, which would never happen and others are willing to take Schebler for Alexei. These are two way different ends of the spectrum. The Dodgers really aren't much of a match with the Sox in terms of prospects. Even if they felt inclined to move Pederson, they could get better value of moving him for someone other than Alexei.

Looks that way. They have 3 elite prospects who are worth more than Alexei and a bunch of mediocre prospects. Maybe the Sox could add something to pry one of their elites, but I'd doubt it.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
Looks that way. They have 3 elite prospects who are worth more than Alexei and a bunch of mediocre prospects. Maybe the Sox could add something to pry one of their elites, but I'd doubt it.

If the White Sox don't get an elite prospect back for Alexei Ramirez there remains zero reason to move him.

Moving Alexei for anyone basically guarantees we're making the team worse in 2015. Nearly impossible to replace his production via a reasonably priced FA and whatever guy we get back would likely be a rookie and thus likely would need time to adapt to the league. It's very nearly throwing in the towel on 2015. The only reason we'd have to do that is if someone makes us significantly better in ~2016 through the trade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 12:41 AM)
If the White Sox don't get an elite prospect back for Alexei Ramirez there remains zero reason to move him.

Moving Alexei for anyone basically guarantees we're making the team worse in 2015. Nearly impossible to replace his production via a reasonably priced FA and whatever guy we get back would likely be a rookie and thus likely would need time to adapt to the league. It's very nearly throwing in the towel on 2015. The only reason we'd have to do that is if someone makes us significantly better in ~2016 through the trade.

I don't know. I am crazy in love with pitchers.

they have 3 or 4 pitchers I would kill for. 3 Cubans.

each are different and can fill majors hole that sox have.

they really don't have hitter outside the tope 3 and #10.

I wonder how their int'l prospects are looking like.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)

I honestly dont know how many times this needs to be repeated to outside fans. The White Sox have zero reason to trade him EXCEPT a package worth it in weight of players. Otherwise they can hand onto him until Anderson is ready. The situation is perfect for us right now. Either get a really good package or have a really good option at SS.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 01:01 AM)
I honestly dont know how many times this needs to be repeated to outside fans. The White Sox have zero reason to trade him EXCEPT a package worth it in weight of players. Otherwise they can hand onto him until Anderson is ready. The situation is perfect for us right now. Either get a really good package or have a really good option at SS.

I am with you on this.

but I really think the mods and admins are also on this as well.

to me it sound like a closing statement.

that then again, what the hell do I know.

peace.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
I hate to keep doing this, but I'm not sure why they'd deal Gordon if they don't feel Guerrero is a capable 2B. If they did, that one might make a little more sense, but the report on Gordon is that he doesn't have the arm for SS (which seems weird knowing who his father and brother are, but that's what they say).

The only way that makes sense is if the Sox included Carlos Sanchez in that deal too, and really I think that's getting to be too many moving parts. I'm not sure all sides would be happy with that one.

You're a buzz kill wite, a total buzz kill. :P

I'm not so sure thats too many moving parts. Two for two isn't too big of a hurdle. Now if Danks and one of Ethier or Crawford are thrown into the mix, look out!

Gordon and Schebler for Alexei and Sanchez I would do. That leaves Semien and Johnson to duel it out at second. Love the idea of Gordon and Eaton setting the table at the top of the order ahead of Abreu.

I only keep bringing up Schebler because if I'm the Dodgers I'm not giving up Pederson, Seager or Urias for Alexei so I'm just trying to think outside the box at what a potential deal might look like if it were to happen. I know if I'm the Dodgers I'm not giving up any of those three for Alexei but again, I admit that my version of Alexei's value is different from most.

QUOTE (Baron @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 06:01 PM)

Problem is that Alexei is not worth any of the Dodgers top three. If you had Pederson, Seager, Urias would you be willing to trade any of them for Alexei? I sure as hell would not.

If the Sox are ever going to move Alexei, now is the time. He's coming off of a great year and has two years of his contract remaining. That's good value. The longer the Sox wait the less value his contract holds and the more of a chance he has at regressing and decreasing his value further. The sox do need to make a decision on Alexei based on those two things plus, if they decide to hold onto him there's no guarantee they get compensation if he goes to FA.

The Sox do not have to trade Alexei but they do need to make a decision on his future with the team. Don't wait til his regression has begun and then try to trade him.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
I'm not giving Alexei away. Pay with good prospects or we keep him. He's an all star SS at a good price

Urias, Seager, and Pederson will be off-limits for Alexei. The question is basically whether or not they can get a pitching prospect better than Chris Anderson from a different organization. The White Sox really liked Chris Anderson in the draft when they took Tim Anderson. Just a thought.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Problem is that Alexei is not worth any of the Dodgers top three. If you had Pederson, Seager, Urias would you be willing to trade any of them for Alexei? I sure as hell would not.

Then the dodgers better be willing to hang their hopes for a playoff ride next year on the likes of Asdrubal Cabrera or Stephen Drew, or to spend 9 figures on Hanley Ramirez.

They get to choose which thing they're willing to do.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 08:04 PM)
Then the dodgers better be willing to hang their hopes for a playoff ride next year on the likes of Asdrubal Cabrera or Stephen Drew, or to spend 9 figures on Hanley Ramirez.

They get to choose which thing they're willing to do.

Or they could just make a reasonable offer that Hahn takes because it benefits our team?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Or they could just make a reasonable offer that Hahn takes because it benefits our team?

There's no one outside of their top guys that it benefits our team to take. It's a massive downgrade to the 2015 white sox no matter what they do to replace him - the free agents are worse than Alexei and might cost almost the same, the young guys we have are pretty weak SS candidates. Why on Earth should the White Sox do that unless it's a really big 2016 upgrade?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 07:10 PM)

But it's hard to see who that would include without their top 3 (whom I agree would be an overpay on their part). Zach lee was terrible this year and appears on decline. Chris Anderson has some good (and bad) peripherals and is a long way away. Maybe if they send 5 of these types or way, but nothing really seems to fit. Sox need young player so forget those old outfielders. No one's mentioned Scott Van Slyke - kind of a late-bloomer; not sure what our interest would be, but he looks interesting, although he's no spring chicken himself.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2014 -> 08:12 PM)
There's no one outside of their top guys that it benefits our team to take. It's a massive downgrade to the 2015 white sox no matter what they do to replace him - the free agents are worse than Alexei and might cost almost the same, the young guys we have are pretty weak SS candidates. Why on Earth should the White Sox do that unless it's a really big 2016 upgrade?

I think you have delusions of grandeur for this team next year. We aren't going to be WS competitors next year...we are talking about the same 73 win team right? I expect upgrades and improvements, but this team needs to still have a future WS run in mind. A run that Alexei won't be apart of.

Zach Lee

Schebler

Jose Dominguez

Darnell Sweeney

Chris Reed

Alex Guerrero

All of those guys are very interesting and sure would help our system out. 3 of them + Eithier(and cash) for Danks and Alexei and I would do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 01:18 AM)

If the Sox are ever going to move Alexei, now is the time. He's coming off of a great year and has two years of his contract remaining. That's good value. The longer the Sox wait the less value his contract holds and the more of a chance he has at regressing and decreasing his value further. The sox do need to make a decision on Alexei based on those two things plus, if they decide to hold onto him there's no guarantee they get compensation if he goes to FA.

The Sox do not have to trade Alexei but they do need to make a decision on his future with the team. Don't wait til his regression has begun and then try to trade him.

Seager or Urias might just do it for me. I don't know.

I agree the sox don't need to trade him he will be more valuable for the sox until Anderson

is ready to take over.

Edited by LDF