87.7FM The Game getting shut down

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Agree. More Bowen, Biggs, and Hub. Less Bob from Skokie.

B&B have to take those calls in order to establish their total dominance over the people who hear these radio waves. Lets all forget that they consistently make fun of an old man who doesnt really pick up on the joke

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
Trying to be a sports radio host has to suck unless you luck into the right job. There are so few jobs out there, the chances of you being able to stay in the city of your choice are slim.

Radio is incredibly difficult to get into. You are 100% correct. I had a chance to start that route, and turned it down out of college.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 03:42 PM)
deadspin has the studio video of Finfer and Quigley finding out they lost their jobs. Hard to believe that WGN f***ed that up as badly as they did

I watched that today. The best part is the other guy just sitting in uncomfortable silence, along with a few attempts at redirecting the conversation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
I watched that today. The best part is the other guy just sitting in uncomfortable silence, along with a few attempts at redirecting the conversation.

Is Quigley management there? Awkward.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 02:02 PM)
Finfer and McKnight got Northed. they should have known better

I wouldnt say they got "Northed".

They had maxed out at The Score. There was little room for advancement with their solidified lineup. I am very sure they knew it was a risk to jump, but in radio you need to take whatever chances you get. Sometimes those risks pay off (The Score's early years), sometimes they dont.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Stay classy WGN!

WGN has come a LONG way in the last 12 months. They've made some very positive changes in management and on-air talent. They just got busted with a leaker (probably some management person unhappy with the news) who told Feider before it was time. Leaks happen all the time, just rarely about an entire station getting shutdown and dozens of people fired.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
I wouldnt say they got "Northed".

They had maxed out at The Score. There was little room for advancement with their solidified lineup. I am very sure they knew it was a risk to jump, but in radio you need to take whatever chances you get. Sometimes those risks pay off (The Score's early years), sometimes they dont.

Kaplan and Haugh continue their show and continue to get paid while the rest of the staff is left looking for jobs.

That is the very definition of being northed. North kept his show, got paid, AND got it cross promoted on Comcast while everyone else's check bounced. Of course they knew there was risk in jumping, but that wasn't right