Predict The Next Move

Dunt

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
I honestly cannot remember the last time the Sox had a trade with the Marlins. At least not one significant enough for me to think that the Sox lost the deal

ummm that i am wrong. but there was something, sorry.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Stab in the dark prediction: Viciedo + Beck to SEA for Saunders

I would like this trade, but the worst part about acquiring Saunders is that it would most likely take us out of the running for a real impact LF. I think that is what this team needs most.

That said, I would take Saunders and a top tier RHP over, say, Ethier and some scrapheap RHP or just rolling with Bassit in the 5 spot. All depends on which way Ricky goes, but I'd be surprised to see him acquire a mid-tier LF without seeing what he can get his hands on at the winter meetings next week.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
I would like this trade, but the worst part about acquiring Saunders is that it would most likely take us out of the running for a real impact LF. I think that is what this team needs most.

That said, I would take Saunders and a top tier RHP over, say, Ethier and some scrapheap RHP or just rolling with Bassit in the 5 spot. All depends on which way Ricky goes, but I'd be surprised to see him acquire a mid-tier LF without seeing what he can get his hands on at the winter meetings next week.

I would be content moving our corner OF spots from terrible to tolerable next year. Let Jose, Chris, and Jose carry the team, just don't drag them down with a black hole in the corner OF.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
I would be content moving our corner OF spots from terrible to tolerable next year. Let Jose, Chris, and Jose carry the team, just don't drag them down with a black hole in the corner OF.

I don't disagree with you. I would be content with Saunders in LF as well. Just think Rick & Co. have their minds on a bigger prize..

I'd love to se us get Reddick from the A's. Beane pretty much has no choice but to move a LH OF'er and Reddick recently questioned the Donaldson trade publicly so I can see something happening soon. I wonder if Semien + a pitching prospect not named Rodon, Adams, Montas or Danish would get it done?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
I'd love to se us get Reddick from the A's. Beane pretty much has no choice but to move a LH OF'er and Reddick recently questioned the Donaldson trade publicly so I can see something happening soon. I wonder if Semien + a pitching prospect not named Rodon, Adams, Montas or Danish would get it done?

Maybe he will be included if we trade for Shark.

I don't know enough to predict trades but as long as it's nothing to serious I'd be ok with it. But previously stated I like the player (Shark) not the price it'll cost.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)

What's the fascination with Reddick?

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
What's the fascination with Reddick?

Same as Rasmus. Upside/potential, buying a bit low and hoping for a rebound instead of paying at the top of the market.

Also, that 2 year window of control seems to fit the current plan...not to have too many 4-5 year deals, but to have the core of the team at least through 2016 and ideally 17/18 as well.

Those two guys aren't going to be as risky since the exposure to a contract would be limited to two years while the team's waiting on Anderson and Hawkins to make an impact, as well as Micah Johnson.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Maybe he will be included if we trade for Shark.

I don't know enough to predict trades but as long as it's nothing to serious I'd be ok with it. But previously stated I like the player (Shark) not the price it'll cost.

I really don't think the Shark deal is happening. I don't think we are going to commit close to $100 million to him and a 1 year rental makes no sense at all.

Reddick, on the other hand, is a fairly young LH OF who will be reasonably priced for 2 years and shouldn't cost too much to acquire either. If he can stay healthy he'd hit 30 hrs while playing very good D. That's 4 WAR minimum

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

For what OFs are going for right now price-wise, why didnt we just keep De Aza at what he makes (roughly wouldve been 5M but compare that to what a Markakis is about to get paid)...and spend wildly on Russell Martin or a pitcher? ADA was always over-hated here. We're probably about to overpay some no-field LF when we couldve just thrown ADA in left and spent money elsewhere.

from MLBTR

Alejandro De Aza hit well in a brief stint with the Orioles, and was useful with the White Sox. He’s a left-handed hitter who could be a good fit for a platoon. The Orioles already lost Nelson Cruz and seem likely to lose Nick Markakis as well, increasing the chances De Aza stays put, even with a projected $5.9MM salary that the White Sox wanted no part of. De Aza and Markakis are closer than you might think — check out this comparison of their last three seasons. http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...ayers=5930,3371

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
For what OFs are going for right now price-wise, why didnt we just keep De Aza at what he makes (roughly wouldve been 5M but compare that to what a Markakis is about to get paid)...and spend wildly on Russell Martin or a pitcher? ADA was always over-hated here. We're probably about to overpay some no-field LF when we couldve just thrown ADA in left and spent money elsewhere.

from MLBTR

Alejandro De Aza hit well in a brief stint with the Orioles, and was useful with the White Sox. He’s a left-handed hitter who could be a good fit for a platoon. The Orioles already lost Nelson Cruz and seem likely to lose Nick Markakis as well, increasing the chances De Aza stays put, even with a projected $5.9MM salary that the White Sox wanted no part of. De Aza and Markakis are closer than you might think — check out this comparison of their last three seasons. http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...ayers=5930,3371

I think the Sox want somebody better than DA, DV or Markakis. If that's the plan then none of this speculation on lesser players really matters.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
why all the negativity on Markakis?? if he comes at a nice salary, why not take a chance?

2016 fa class has some real nice bats.

There's no reason to believe he'll come at a nice salary. It seems like he's likely to earn a >$10 million a year multi year deal and he's not that much better than De Aza was.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 02:35 AM)
There's no reason to believe he'll come at a nice salary. It seems like he's likely to earn a >$10 million a year multi year deal and he's not that much better than De Aza was.

thanks, i appreciate what you are saying, but side by side, stats wise, DeAza come no

where near him.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
thanks, i appreciate what you are saying, but side by side, stats wise, DeAza come no

where near him.

De Aza's OPS the last 2 years combined is .716. Markakis the last 2 years combined is .707. De Aza has outhit Markakis the last 2 years. So he comes so close to Markakis that he's passed him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 02:47 AM)
De Aza's OPS the last 2 years combined is .716. Markakis the last 2 years combined is .707. De Aza has outhit Markakis the last 2 years. So he comes so close to Markakis that he's passed him.

lol ..... ok you got me there. dang i should have known i was missing something with

the advance stats with yous guys.

nice job.

i still think he is better. :P

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
lol ..... ok you got me there. dang i should have known i was missing something with

the advance stats with yous guys.

nice job.

i still think he is better. :P

Markakis has been better, but he's been extremely disappointing the last several years. De Aza has hit about as well as I'd expect, making him a decent player, but he's been extremely frustrating on defense with the bonehead plays.

De Aza and Markakis for $4-$5 mil a year don't seem bad, and that's about what we paid De Aza last year, but man...paying them beyond that just doesn't seem to fit this roster.

Of course, paying a worse outfielder $4.4 million seems equally crazy to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 01:58 AM)
Markakis has been better, but he's been extremely disappointing the last several years. De Aza has hit about as well as I'd expect, making him a decent player, but he's been extremely frustrating on defense with the bonehead plays.

De Aza and Markakis for $4-$5 mil a year don't seem bad, and that's about what we paid De Aza last year, but man...paying them beyond that just doesn't seem to fit this roster.

Of course, paying a worse outfielder $4.4 million seems equally crazy to me.

don't get me wrong, you got a lot of good points.

well see ya on the morrow.