Predict The Next Move

Dunt

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:09 AM)
You know who would be great right now with Semien gone, Emilio Bonifacio.

Yes. Bonifacio makes too much sense. He can play 2B, 3B, LF, CF. An everyday back-up plan at 2B would be nice, as would a guy that can go out and play CF when Eaton inevitability runs into a wall and lands on the DL for 15 days. Bonifacio makes EVEN MORE sense if they don't plan to go out and get a real LF.

2 years, 7.0M. Get it done, Rick.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:43 AM)
Yes. Bonifacio makes too much sense. He can play 2B, 3B, LF, CF. An everyday back-up plan at 2B would be nice, as would a guy that can go out and play CF when Eaton inevitability runs into a wall and lands on the DL for 15 days. Bonifacio makes EVEN MORE sense if they don't plan to go out and get a real LF.

2 years, 7.0M. Get it done, Rick.

I put Bonifacio in my original off season plan to be super utility behind Semien and play sparingly in the OF. But as of right now, I think he would make complete sense for this team and could come pretty cheap.

Bonifacio, another pen arm like Gregorson or Thatcher and a trade for a left fielder and Hahn won the off season.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
IF the Sox were to sign another top free agent, they would only have to pay a third round draft choice, because #1 is protected and #2 went to the Yanks.

We also either sign JS to an extension or get a draft pick back next year so lets not forget about that.

IF the Sox were to sign another top free agent, they would only have to pay a third round draft choice, because #1 is protected and #2 went to the Yanks.

Well, depending on who that other free agent is, that team could get the #2 and the Yankees bumped down to #3.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
Well, depending on who that other free agent is, that team could get the #2 and the Yankees bumped down to #3.

Isn't the new rule that the signing team starts losing picks in either the first or 2nd round depending on their record but the team that lost a player always gets a sandwich pick in-between the first and 2nd round?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Isn't the new rule that the signing team starts losing picks in either the first or 2nd round depending on their record but the team that lost a player always gets a sandwich pick in-between the first and 2nd round?

Yes. The Yanks don't literally get the SOX 2nd round pick, they get a sandwich pick between the 1st and 2nd rounds.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
So the Sox just get skipped over in the 2nd rd?

And the Yankees receive a compensatory pick between the 1st and 2nd round.

The White Sox also lose a portion of their draft signing bonus pool commensurate with the value of the 2nd round pick and I think it hurts their international pool a bit as well.

If we sign someone else, we lose the 3rd round pick and that signing team would get a comp pick after the first round as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)

The White Sox also lose a portion of their draft signing bonus pool commensurate with the value of the 2nd round pick and I think it hurts their international pool a bit as well.

If we sign someone else, we lose the 3rd round pick and that signing team would get a comp pick after the first round as well.

Kind of why I am thinking Melky is out of the cards now. Either Rasmus or someone via trade like Ethier/Crawford/Victorino/Joyce are more likely at this point.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
Kind of why I am thinking Melky is out of the cards now. Either Rasmus or someone via trade like Ethier/Crawford/Victorino/Joyce are more likely at this point.

I'd say that signing another QO free agent seems to make even more sense now. We've already given up the 2nd round pick, why should we hesitate on giving up a 3rd round pick?

The issue sounds like they're running out of funds available to spend on those free agents, not that they're worried about giving up the pick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:05 AM)

Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely the best move would be to trade for one of the dodger OF's, and since Danks is the only piece that makes sense to give up for expensive,underachieving OF's, I'd try to get Ethier

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
I'd say that signing another QO free agent seems to make even more sense now. We've already given up the 2nd round pick, why should we hesitate on giving up a 3rd round pick?

The issue sounds like they're running out of funds available to spend on those free agents, not that they're worried about giving up the pick.

And while it hurts in drafting someone who maybe will be considered a difficult signing - like a Rodon - they can and likely will instead draft someone who is a bit more signable so they can pocket that money and perhaps draft a guy who slips a bit in the 4th or 5th round.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)

You're still losing your 3rd round pick and bonus pool. There is obviously value there. I trust KW when he says the SOX are going to get creative now. I just don't think Melky is gonna happen anymore - but I hope I am wrong. Although, I do think Rasmus is getting undervalued in this market. He could be a nice guy to have around.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
Thanks for the clarification.

Definitely the best move would be to trade for one of the dodger OF's, and since Danks is the only piece that makes sense to give up for expensive,underachieving OF's, I'd try to get Ethier

Ethier is risky, and the Sox aren't saturated in starting pitching, but I think it'd be a worthwhile risk if the Dodgers include money to make up the difference.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
You're still losing your 3rd round pick and bonus pool. There is obviously value there. I trust KW when he says the SOX are going to get creative now. I just don't think Melky is gonna happen anymore - but I hope I am wrong. Although, I do think Rasmus is getting undervalued in this market. He could be a nice guy to have around.

I know Rasmus is brought up quite a bit, but I just find that signing to be incredibly unlikely.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
Ethier is risky, and the Sox aren't saturated in starting pitching, but I think it'd be a worthwhile risk if the Dodgers include money to make up the difference.

I know Rasmus is brought up quite a bit, but I just find that signing to be incredibly unlikely.

Yea Rasmus has either underachieved or had daddy issues wherever he goes I think he just doesn't work into the Sox plans, Ethier has a better track record and didn't play much last year being the

4th OF so as you said Wite, with money included I think it works well for the Sox.