Predict The Next Move

Dunt

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, with all the additions that the sox have done, it is really going to be a

bwitch for other teams, esp the northsiders.

all teams on the AL are going to have to compete and get themselves a group of

above avg pitchers. let alone hitters as well.

the sCrubs will need to make a splash or they will get their lunch eaten by the sox

and the media train. this is a lesson that the sox have learned the hard way after

the WS hangover.

How about Viciedo and Danks for Kemp. The money kind of matches up but not sure why the Dodgers would do that unless they are hellbent on trading Kemp. However, I may be about the only one who is okay with giving Dayan one more shot at putting it all together offensively.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
How about Viciedo and Danks for Kemp. The money kind of matches up but not sure why the Dodgers would do that unless they are hellbent on trading Kemp. However, I may be about the only one who is okay with giving Dayan one more shot at putting it all together offensively.

Yes you are and why on Earth would the Dodgers do that?

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:19 AM)
Now with Lester signing. Cincy may start their rebuild. Latos anyone? Leake?

If we use anymore more of our assets for trade, it will be for a bat and not for a pitcher imo. Our starting 3 is very, very good with Sale, Shark, Q. Just need to sign some depth at that position.

Rasmus comes to mind now even though I'm not a huge fan via FA. And Bruce would probably be my first option since Melky looks out of our price range.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
If we use anymore more of our assets for trade, it will be for a bat and not for a pitcher imo. Our starting 3 is very, very good with Sale, Shark, Q. Just need to sign some depth at that position.

Rasmus comes to mind now even though I'm not a huge fan via FA. And Bruce would probably be my first option since Melky looks out of our price range.

Rasmus, if the last case, i would kiss the devil himself for the sox

to add that final piece. yeah i will deal with Rasmus and his father

issue for 1 yr.

next yr FA looks ok.

if the sox does flip Danks, there is a hole in the SP slot.even with the

idea of Rodon coming up. depending on the cost, 1 of Cincy SP will

do nicely.

The Sox payroll may be near the limit for this year. However, we really haven't seen the front office commit much to the long term. LaRoche is a 2 year deal, and Samardjiza is so far a one year.

The only longer term obligations that they've incurred this off season are the two bullpen acquisitions. If J. R. really wants to win, maybe he should consider stepping up to the plate and giving

Scherzer a contract that would bring him to the South Side. That pitching staff would be the best in baseball, and only in the middle of the pack, in terms of total cost, due to the terrific contracts

to which Sale and Quintana are signed.

I think that you could win the division without spending any money on what are perceived as the remaining "holes". Hell, they could win with anyone in LF, who could catch the ball. Shuck, Danks, who cares?

And, when they got to the post season, they would have to be the favorites to take it all, with those 4 studs. With Rodon in the wings, even if Samardjiza doesn't sign a long term deal, they would be fine going forward with a starting 4 of Sale, Scherzer, Quintana and Rodon.

With that rotation, the 5TH starter just needs to eat innings and help save the bullpen. They would be a perennial playoff team, and once you get to the Post Season, they only need 4 starters.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:36 PM)
Guys on top of my wish list right now in order.

Jay Bruce

Emilio Bonifacio

Colby Rasmus (if miss on Bruce)

Brandon Morrow

Obviously the next major move will be a LF. I think the Sox still need more bullpen help, possibly another starter, a platoon bat for Gillaspie that could play the corners, and some bench help. Is Rickie Weeks really bad defensively? Has he ever played 3B before? He hit LHP to a tune of an .865 OPS last year in 155 PA. If he could spell Gillaspie against LHP, that would be a great addition. Donnie Murphy is a guy that is available but doesn't really hit at all. Does anyone have any ideas for this potential role? Some other guys that would be interesting bench options are Chris Denorfia or Emilio Bonifacio. Sergio Santos and Craig Breslow have been mentioned for the bullpen. What about guys like Jeanmar Gomez, Tom Gorzelanny, and Wesley Wright as possible cheap additions?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:30 AM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 47s47 seconds ago

So #Marlins getting SP in trade, #Tigers getting a #Reds starter in trade per reports from @jonmorosi and @JoeFrisaro.

I really hope it's Danks to the Marlins. They had "reported" interest last year.

It's supposedly a RH starter.

I have a feeling that Mr. Reinsdorf has not spent all of the money that he is willing to spend. Their payroll may be at around $100 Million, but they don't

really have that much committed, longer term. Again, the only long term money that has been committed this off season is to Robertson and Duke.

Samardjiza is a one year (so far), and LaRoche is 2 years. The core is all still either a ways from free agency, or signed to team friendly deals.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the Sox made one more big acquisition, that would represent a key core piece, for this 3 or 4 year "window"? Hey, if J. R. wants to

go for it, he can't continue to spend like the mid market teams. He was willing to take the payroll up to around $130 Million, as recently as 2011.

The revenues are higher, and teams are spending more now. He isn't getting any older, sees a division with no team uncatchable, and he has the nucleus of

a group that isn't that far away. While Sale, Q., "Shark", Abreu, Robertson, LaRoche are in the fold, this may be his best shot at winning another World Series,

providing he is willing to take that payroll back up to around $130 Million.

We have seen the front office cry poor, and then spend beyond expectations. I just have a hunch that we may be at such a juncture again. Well, I'm hoping, anyway.