Predict The Next Move

Dunt

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
if it doesn't mean way overpaying for that fix is not and should not be an option. worst case

DV + his offense can be a short fix. as long as everything else improve, esp the heart with is

the pitching.

How exactly are we going to make Viciedo's offense something other than offensive?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
a 2 by 4 to the side of the head.

but being serious, getting some power from him and platoon him with

another player. then deal with that. wait for an opportunity for future

moves.

He doesn't have strong platoon splits. He's bad against both righties and lefties.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
He doesn't have strong platoon splits. He's bad against both righties and lefties.

you are killing me,

the sox have to endure with what they have, if it DV, then it is DV.

the team can not fix everything in 1 offseason. he still had 20

hrs and is still young. in the worst case deal with hm and continue

to look to improve.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)

you go me thinking, which teams needs to make moves, whether it is b/c of

salary, or prospects moving up, which are that teams???

LA, Bos, who else??

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
you are killing me,

the sox have to endure with what they have, if it DV, then it is DV.

the team can not fix everything in 1 offseason. he still had 20

hrs and is still young. in the worst case deal with hm and continue

to look to improve.

They committed themselves to fixing enough to make this team competitive when they traded for a guy who is a free agent next offseason. This team doesn't have a choice, they can't stick people out there in the hopes that they turn their failing careers around. They could do that last year, but they decided they're not in that mode again this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
They committed themselves to fixing enough to make this team competitive when they traded for a guy who is a free agent next offseason. This team doesn't have a choice, they can't stick people out there in the hopes that they turn their failing careers around. They could do that last year, but they decided they're not in that mode again this year.

you got a good point. but let me ask, are you going with the idea of JS not resigning?

now would trading Anderson in a package for an RF be the way to go??

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
the cell does not enhance the power like coors. so lets get real.

Of course not. But it is one of the top hitting ballparks in the AL so if there were a drop off, it wouldn't be as significant as what your implying. CarGo is a great athlete and he would help this team out on both sides of the ball. If there was a concern about him, it would absolutely be his health. If anything, that can potentially hurt the Rockies negotiating price if something ever came up.

Another Rockies player Colorado may dangle out there this winter is Corey Dickerson.

.Or will he become an average player outside of Coors also?

Edited by GreatScott82

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Of course not. But it is one of the top hitting ballparks in the AL so if there were a drop off, it wouldn't be as significant as what your implying. CarGo is a great athlete and he would help this team out on both sides of the ball. If there was a concern about him, it would absolutely be his health. If anything, that can potentially hurt the Rockies negotiating price if something ever came up.

Another Rockies player Colorado may dangle out there this winter is Corey Dickerson.

.Or will he become an average player outside of Coors also?

the splits of home games and away games are a huge difference. according to

those splits has to be taken into consideration.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
you got a good point. but let me ask, are you going with the idea of JS not resigning?

now would trading Anderson in a package for an RF be the way to go??

If its an all star caliber RF, I would say that move is consistent with the trade for Samardzija.

OTOH, that's not necessarily the only way to find one.

I'm not sure JS will not resign...but I feel pretty sure if he does resign it's going to be a 9 figure deal with very little discount. We're going to have to pay his going rate.

To be able to afford his going rate...we need a playoff run this year to turn the attendance and ratings decay around. Sell some season tickets next year, get some excitement in this franchise again.

Trading for him and then losing another 750 tickets sold per game this year and winning 78 games while also spending big money on a closer...that would be quite a disaster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
If its an all star caliber RF, I would say that move is consistent with the trade for Samardzija.

OTOH, that's not necessarily the only way to find one.

I'm not sure JS will not resign...but I feel pretty sure if he does resign it's going to be a 9 figure deal with very little discount. We're going to have to pay his going rate.

To be able to afford his going rate...we need a playoff run this year to turn the attendance and ratings decay around. Sell some season tickets next year, get some excitement in this franchise again.

Trading for him and then losing another 750 tickets sold per game this year and winning 78 games while also spending big money on a closer...that would be quite a disaster.

outside the first part, you and i are pretty much in agreement. esp getting the fans back

and putting the product in the field.

i honestly believe the sox can not get tie in with a last resort of value in order to show a

fix and be stuck with that talent for 4-5 yrs at 14 per. it would handcuff the teams ablility

for any future moves.

now if the sox can package of prospects outside the main (anderson, adams, montas) group

to acquire that piece. however i would like several players in rtn. the only time i would include

anderson, montas and / or adams if that trade is a major A+ trade.

then the sox will have to find another player later for the SS future.

i hate the idea of trading with the Braves, the GM is trying to max out that trade.

i would like to acquire a pitcher who may be a yr or 2 from FA, they will be a perfect short

fix then QD and then get a pick.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
i would like to acquire a pitcher who may be a yr or 2 from FA, they will be a perfect short

fix then QD and then get a pick.

I think they're in real good shape with their rotation. I can name a solid 1-6 and maybe even a 1-7. If 1-3 go down long term there's no way in hades we're replacing them, but there's nothing you can do about that. I more worry about the lineup and the bench.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:15 AM)
I think they're in real good shape with their rotation. I can name a solid 1-6 and maybe even a 1-7. If 1-3 go down long term there's no way in hades we're replacing them, but there's nothing you can do about that. I more worry about the lineup and the bench.

i still have concerns of the tired arms of the pitchers come next playoff. see i am very

sure they will be in the playoff.

the bench will take care of themselves, i really have a heavy concern on that final outfield

position.

but then again, what the hell do i know.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 06:19 PM)
i still have concerns of the tired arms of the pitchers come next playoff. see i am very

sure they will be in the playoff.

Bah, if this team gets to the playoffs I actually have pretty much ever confidence that tired arms will not be an issue. THere's always extra rest time during the playoffs unless you push the #1 starter to 265 innings because he's doing that incredible...and if Chris Sale just decides to win a world series on his own a-la I'm probably ok with that.

I can buy this team being a team you don't want to face in the playoffs. I can't buy this team getting to the playoffs with things like "Viciedo on the roster" and "No platoon partners for Gillaspie or LaRoche".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:29 AM)
Bah, if this team gets to the playoffs I actually have pretty much ever confidence that tired arms will not be an issue. THere's always extra rest time during the playoffs unless you push the #1 starter to 265 innings because he's doing that incredible...and if Chris Sale just decides to win a world series on his own a-la I'm probably ok with that.

I can buy this team being a team you don't want to face in the playoffs. I can't buy this team getting to the playoffs with things like "Viciedo on the roster" and "No platoon partners for Gillaspie or LaRoche".

beside tired arms, i would really like a backup pitcher in case of injury.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 06:42 PM)
beside tired arms, i would really like a backup pitcher in case of injury.

By my count...that's Carlos Rodon. And I will not be mad in the least if Rodon has to take a rotation slot early because of injury. Put these 5 out and if someone gets hurt, Rodon comes up early. That's about as good of a 6th starter as I've ever imagined...as long as we're not dumb enough to put him in the bullpen where his arm isn't stretched out.

I mean, imagine when Danks went down in 2011 that we had a stretched out Chris Sale ready to replace him. We were far enough back that it wouldn't have saved the season...but that's exactly what you want! A guy goes down and a guy who makes Joe Mauer say "WTF just happened" takes his spot!

I didn't realize that Bryce Harper filed a grievance with the union in order to void terms the final year of his contract, the 2015 season. (Typical Boras douche move)

I would be all about bringing him to the Sox for this season if things have gotten past the point of repair with Rizzo. f*** it, go for it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 05:30 PM)
I didn't realize that Bryce Harper filed a grievance with the union in order to void terms the final year of his contract, the 2015 season. (Typical Boras douche move)

I would be all about bringing him to the Sox for this season if things have gotten past the point of repair with Rizzo. f*** it, go for it

A douche undoubtedly, but could the apparent Rodon negotiation olive branch (I'm calling it an olive branch because SB/CR seemed to get everything they could have hoped for, with little leverage, imo), possibly be a bridge to a Harper having interest in the Palehose?

Sure, he's a tool, but he'd be OUR tool. Change of scenery, mellow dude like RV might do him good.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
A douche undoubtedly, but could the apparent Rodon negotiation olive branch (I'm calling it an olive branch because SB/CR seemed to get everything they could have hoped for, with little leverage, imo), possibly be a bridge to a Harper having interest in the Palehose?

Sure, he's a tool, but he'd be OUR tool. Change of scenery, mellow dude like RV might do him good.

Not a chance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
By my count...that's Carlos Rodon. And I will not be mad in the least if Rodon has to take a rotation slot early because of injury. Put these 5 out and if someone gets hurt, Rodon comes up early. That's about as good of a 6th starter as I've ever imagined...as long as we're not dumb enough to put him in the bullpen where his arm isn't stretched out.

I mean, imagine when Danks went down in 2011 that we had a stretched out Chris Sale ready to replace him. We were far enough back that it wouldn't have saved the season...but that's exactly what you want! A guy goes down and a guy who makes Joe Mauer say "WTF just happened" takes his spot!

you got a point, i forgot about him coming into the rotation by mid season to

tell you the truth. i just hope he is not over his head.

I don't know if I'm getting anxious or nervous but I'd sign Aoki and Bonifacio to short term contracts and call it a yr. Hahn could still play around with DanknTank for possible trades keeping in mind we'd need another starter if he trades Danks. Best case Aoki becomes a 4th outfielder (if Hahn finds a better fit) but he's a ton better than Tank an would be a great #2 in the order. Bonifacio could spell Gilli an play some 2nd base as well as the outfield. I know theres still plenty of time but.....