Predict The Next Move

Dunt

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
Eek. Just read Victorino had ham string issues and back surgery. I'm not so sure his value equals that of Danks. I think Boston would have to chip in a bit more. Here's a recent article...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseba...der-for-red-sox

everytime i read about a ballplayer having back surgery, i am leery of there rtn to full health.

back surgery is a beachhhhh. but with ref to Victorino, i am no medical person to gage it.

still going back to the previous talk, and this as far from reality as me winning the lotto,

Danks for Victorino is a good gamble.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
I think Melky will be our first move at the Winter Meetings. Then we trade Viciedo for some bullpen help and then trade for a right handed starter.

I continue to think no one in their right mind would give up bullpen help for Viciedo.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
I didn't say good bullpen help. But maybe some bust prospects that have good stuff or something along those lines.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 04:59 PM)
i still say a comp pick with money or an int'l pick with the money allotted to it.

that will be an idea trade.

I would not give up either of those for Viciedo. Not unless the "busted prospect" was also being paid $4 million after inexplicably being offered arbitration when he should not have been.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
I would not give up either of those for Viciedo. Not unless the "busted prospect" was also being paid $4 million after inexplicably being offered arbitration when he should not have been.

pls clarify are you saying that it is too much to give up or not enuf?

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
pls clarify are you saying that it is too much to give up or not enuf?

I mean I think of Viciedo as completely worthless. If I were an opposing GM I would not give up anything for him unless it removed a salary I didn't want on my roster.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
I mean I think of Viciedo as completely worthless. If I were an opposing GM I would not give up anything for him unless it removed a salary I didn't want on my roster.

Well yea, you are a jaded white sox fan. Of course

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:43 AM)

yeah i thought so and to tell you the truth, i am thinking the same. i was always writing

about how he hit 20 hrs and that in itself is something, which it is. but on this team

next yr, he needs to do more. then again i am extremely bias against him..

thanks

i was reading mlb rumors and they had an article of the 2 ace pitchers

in this yr FA.

well they are guessing that Lester's camp is wanting a 7 yr contract.

with that, i am officially getting of that sinking ship.

now, who is that team wanting to get rid of their #1 pitcher?? Marlins.

anybody knows of him??

QUOTE (spiderman @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Would be strange for the White Sox to give up prospects for a guy who wants 110 million + on a new deal. Would the Sox really move 2 of their better prospects for a 1 year rental assuming he wants to become a free agent?

also depends on the package being offered.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 02:28 AM)
i was reading mlb rumors and they had an article of the 2 ace pitchers

in this yr FA.

well they are guessing that Lester's camp is wanting a 7 yr contract.

with that, i am officially getting of that sinking ship.

now, who is that team wanting to get rid of their #1 pitcher?? Marlins.

anybody knows of him??

Marlins number 1? They want to trade an injured Fernandez? Dude is under control 5 more years, tj or not. they'll get a haul.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Marlins number 1? They want to trade an injured Fernandez? Dude is under control 5 more years, tj or not. they'll get a haul.

you are right, i hate the sox trading with the marlins, the marlins always seems to get the

best from the sox. then again it may be my imagination.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1m1 minute ago

Other teams say the Padres have gotten more aggressive in marketing catcher Yasmani Grandal in trade discussions.

Yes please.

Keith law

Grandal does a few things well but receiving isn't one of them. Pitchers preferred throwing to Rene Rivera.

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/539455241268514816

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
you are right, i hate the sox trading with the marlins, the marlins always seems to get the

best from the sox. then again it may be my imagination.

I honestly cannot remember the last time the Sox had a trade with the Marlins. At least not one significant enough for me to think that the Sox lost the deal

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
Keith law

Grandal does a few things well but receiving isn't one of them. Pitchers preferred throwing to Rene Rivera.

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/539455241268514816

So wait, why do we want a catcher who isn't all that good at catching? Our DH spot isn't very open.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
We traded them Ozzie Guillen...

I honestly cannot remember the last time the Sox had a trade with the Marlins. At least not one significant enough for me to think that the Sox lost the deal