Kenny Wiliams is excited

southsider2k5

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Anyone think it could be for Justin Upton? Seeing as though he is available and would be a great addition to the middle of the lineup. What do you guys think it would take? Hawkins, one of Danish and Montas and a second baseman to replace La Stella (who was penciled in to start there but was traded)?

The Sox are not the kind of team that pays heavily on one year rentals. I doubt very seriously the Sox are after Upton. Not trying to poo poo on the idea, it just doesn't seem very realistic.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
The Sox are not the kind of team that pays heavily on one year rentals. I doubt very seriously the Sox are after Upton. Not trying to poo poo on the idea, it just doesn't seem very realistic.

What about an extended deal where we get one of their young RH SP as well? (Teheran, Miller, Beachy, Medlen (though I think the last 2 are hurt to start the year) since they also have the lefties Minor and Wood in the rotation along with some prospects)

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
We have gone after contract year guys before, but we had always heard that we demanded opportunity to negotiate an extension in advance. I'm trying to think whether we've ever really managed it before, though

Sweaty Freddy Garcia is the only one I can think of to be honest.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
What about an extended deal where we get one of their young RH SP as well? (Teheran, Miller, Beachy, Medlen (though I think the last 2 are hurt to start the year) since they also have the lefties Minor and Wood in the rotation along with some prospects)

Won't that cost the Sox even more prospects?

I'm no baseball analyst or anything, I just can't see a matchup with the Braves.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Sweaty Freddy Garcia is the only one I can think of to be honest.

Won't that cost the Sox even more prospects?

I'm no baseball analyst or anything, I just can't see a matchup with the Braves.

Yeah I'm pretty much grabbing straws here...I just can't think of any other impact players that could possible be coming here that are available.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Anyone think it could be for Justin Upton? Seeing as though he is available and would be a great addition to the middle of the lineup. What do you guys think it would take? Hawkins, one of Danish and Montas and a second baseman to replace La Stella (who was penciled in to start there but was traded)?

For one year of upton?? PASS!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)
Yeah I'm pretty much grabbing straws here...I just can't think of any other impact players that could possible be coming here that are available.

It could very well be Matt Kemp. I find it interesting that the Sox put Saladino on the 40 man roster considering they have Sanchez and Semien who are capable of playing SS.

Put it this way. The thought of the Sox 3,4,5 hitters being Abreu, LaRoche, Kemp would be a good explanation for Kenny being excited. I know I would be excited. That's a potentially lethal combo right there, just absolutely deadly.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
It could very well be Matt Kemp. I find it interesting that the Sox put Saladino on the 40 man roster considering they have Sanchez and Semien who are capable of playing SS.

Put it this way. The thought of the Sox 3,4,5 hitters being Abreu, LaRoche, Kemp would be a good explanation for Kenny being excited. I know I would be excited. That's a potentially lethal combo right there, just absolutely deadly.

I would be excited with that 3-4-5. Would cost less too I'm sure as they would love to get rid of his contract (and we have room to take it). What do you think it would take to get Kemp, assuming we are willing to take on the full contract to give up lesser talent?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
Always sucks that finals week in school is during the same week as the Winter Meetings...so hard to focus with so many rumors going on. At least all my finals fall on Monday morning and Tuesday.

Hana yep been there. Haven't missed that part of school.

I'm really hoping it's Kemp. Crawford/Eithier are good players but not something to get overly excited about. Kemp however would make me real excited. If he stays healthy he has a chance to play at an MVP level.

Eaton-Semien-Abreu-Laroach-Kemp-Gillaspie-Garcia-Flowers-Sanchez/Johnson/Saladino (Assuming it takes Lexi+ to get him) would be pretty damn sexy. Esp. if Semien can finally figure it out at the big league level and starts getting on base more consistently.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
I'm really hoping it's Kemp. Crawford/Eithier are good players but not something to get overly excited about. Kemp however would make me real excited. If he stays healthy he has a chance to play at an MVP level.

Eaton-Semien-Abreu-Laroach-Kemp-Gillaspie-Garcia-Flowers-Sanchez/Johnson/Saladino (Assuming it takes Lexi+ to get him) would be pretty damn sexy. Esp. if Semien can finally figure it out at the big league level and starts getting on base more consistently.

I just looked over Kemp's numbers from last season and didn't realize he did that great. I thought he was hurt for parts of the season but he played in 150 games apparently. Bring me Kemp.

I also wouldn't mind Abreu Kemp LaRoche Garcia Gillaspie 3-7

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
I just looked over Kemp's numbers from last season and didn't realize he did that great. I thought he was hurt for parts of the season but he played in 150 games apparently. Bring me Kemp.

I also wouldn't mind Abreu Kemp LaRoche Garcia Gillaspie 3-7

His 2nd half splits are sexy as funk. Again, MVP level. And he's just 30.

It's gonna take Lexi+ but I really think it'd be worth it.