Yoenis Cespedes traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello

Buehrle>Wood

Ya I don't want cespedes. Seems like a slightly better viciedo to me. Plus he's only for one year. Would rather spend the same money on melky. Boston is going to be looking for pitching in the return for him. I heard something about Boston talking to Detroit for porcello/ cespedes deal.

I would be very excited if Detroit got Cespedes.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:30 AM)
Sounds like a good deal for both sides. Cespedes replaces Rajai Davis, Porcello replaces Workman or Ranaudo. Both players with one year of control.

Who plays CF for the Tigers? I still have Davis there. JD Martinez in RF, Cespedes in LF, Castellnos at 3B. Right?

Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

Cespedes has release clause at end of contract so can't be made qualifying offer after '15 season as fr agt, Porcello can receive QO

So, Detroit doesn't have the opportunity to get a draft pick if Cespedes signs elsewhere after 2015.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1

Cespedes has release clause at end of contract so can't be made qualifying offer after '15 season as fr agt, Porcello can receive QO

So, Detroit doesn't have the opportunity to get a draft pick if Cespedes signs elsewhere after 2015.

Which is why a couple prospects are coming over with him.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Which is why a couple prospects are coming over with him.

Yep, otherwise I frankly think Porcello for Cespedes isn't a half bad deal.

Cespedes does some small things well that really help a team. That .751 OPS that was posted earlier is actually fairly good. I think this is a good move by Detroit to shore up their offense.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 10:02 AM)
Yep, otherwise I frankly think Porcello for Cespedes isn't a half bad deal.

Cespedes does some small things well that really help a team. That .751 OPS that was posted earlier is actually fairly good. I think this is a good move by Detroit to shore up their offense.

For context, Adam Eaton had a .763 OPS with 1 HR last season

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
Sounds like two starters from Boston which may be packaged for one of the Reds starters,, Latos would be the likely guy to me.

Sounds like Latos is heading to the Marlins, so perhaps it is Cueto. Still dont think that the Tiggers have the prospects to get that done though, their return from the Red Sox was meh.