Justin Upton

Dunt

Why not? He would fit the foundation and time frame the Sox are looking at, he could be put in RF to move Avi to LF, and then you can bat him 3rd and put Abreu where he is a better fit in the 4 hole. The price would probably be substantial, but I don't really see the negatives in going after talent like him. Make him a legitimate extension offer and act like a team that sees their window open. Don't waste these productive years from Abreu, Sale, and Q.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
My thoughts exactly. With a huge year and being a free agent at 28, he will get a 6-8 year deal about 25 mill a season

Upton would be great, but the price to acquire him would far outweigh the one year he would wear a SOX uni. Not worth it.

Weren't the Sox rumored to be interested in Upton before, when they found out The DBacks were looking to trade him? My hunch is that the Sox are looking for something big, something to "dream on" for the remaining OF spot. They are aware of they don't have any impact minor league middle-of-the-order OFs down on the farm (minus Courtney Hawkins, who has a long way to go) and I think they'll work hard to either trade for Upton, Kemp or CarGo and/or try to sign Upton or Heyward if they make it to FA next year.