Comcast staying on DISH, for now

I swear if it means I have see those damned obnoxious graphics about DISH canceling CSN, I am going to cancel my service.

Danny Ecker ‏@DannyEcker 2h2 hours ago

Dish and @CSNChicago have agreed to a last minute short-term extension to keep the channel on the air. No details yet on terms.

I've been worrying about this ever since I first saw the news about the possibility of Dish losing CSN. It is my only option to watch the Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks (aside from the few games shown on WGN, ESPN, etc.). I live in a town of 1000 people and we do not have access to the big cable providers and due to sight lines I am unable to get Directv. Hopefully they come up with a long term contract otherwise I'm screwed.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
I've been worrying about this ever since I first saw the news about the possibility of Dish losing CSN. It is my only option to watch the Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks (aside from the few games shown on WGN, ESPN, etc.). I live in a town of 1000 people and we do not have access to the big cable providers and due to sight lines I am unable to get Directv. Hopefully they come up with a long term contract otherwise I'm screwed.

When is the last time you asked Directv to see if it was available? I thought they launched a few more satellites so they could provide more coverage

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
When is the last time you asked Directv to see if it was available? I thought they launched a few more satellites so they could provide more coverage

About 3 years ago. They came out to the house and told me at the time that if I cut down the tree in my front yard they could probably get a good enough signal. It's about a 60 foot tall maple that I just don't really have the $1000 or so to cut it down.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
About 3 years ago. They came out to the house and told me at the time that if I cut down the tree in my front yard they could probably get a good enough signal. It's about a 60 foot tall maple that I just don't really have the $1000 or so to cut it down.

Yeah I would call them again. Mine points directly into a huge Oak tree and its fine.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)
Yeah I would call them again. Mine points directly into a huge Oak tree and its fine.

My Dish Network dish seems to do the same. I've always been a bit skeptical about Directv claiming to not be able to find a sightline. It was about 3:00 in the afternoon on New Year's Eve when the installer came to try to install. I always thought he was just looking for an excuse to get out of there. Maybe if Dish does lose CSN I'll try Directv again. I've always preferred Directv anyways.