Sports Related Bucket List

hogan873

While we (im)patiently wait for the Winter Meetings and something exciting to happen, I've appreciated the threads that have been started over the past few days: Hamburgers, Songs About Women, etc. So, I figured I would contribute to the distraction.

What is on your bucket list for sports? What stadiums would you like to visit? What sport would you love to see live? Any player(s) you'd like to meet?

Being a huge baseball fan, I'd love to see a game in every park. My wife, kids, and I all love baseball, and we've started adding a ballgame to our vacation each year. Last year we caught an Indians game. Next year we'll be visiting Mammoth Caves and Louisville, so we're going to swing by Cincinnati on the way home and catch a Reds game. There are a couple parks that are high on my list though: Fenway Park and PNC Park.

Otherwise, just about at the top of my list is getting to see a Steelers game at Heinz Field. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and a die hard Steelers fan. I will get to a game...hopefully soon. Getting there is easy. Getting tickets will cost a bit, but it'll be worth it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)
While we (im)patiently wait for the Winter Meetings and something exciting to happen, I've appreciated the threads that have been started over the past few days: Hamburgers, Songs About Women, etc. So, I figured I would contribute to the distraction.

What is on your bucket list for sports? What stadiums would you like to visit? What sport would you love to see live? Any player(s) you'd like to meet?

Being a huge baseball fan, I'd love to see a game in every park. My wife, kids, and I all love baseball, and we've started adding a ballgame to our vacation each year. Last year we caught an Indians game. Next year we'll be visiting Mammoth Caves and Louisville, so we're going to swing by Cincinnati on the way home and catch a Reds game. There are a couple parks that are high on my list though: Fenway Park and PNC Park.

Otherwise, just about at the top of my list is getting to see a Steelers game at Heinz Field. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and a die hard Steelers fan. I will get to a game...hopefully soon. Getting there is easy. Getting tickets will cost a bit, but it'll be worth it.

Great trip with kids, just be ready for a couple of hours of walking for the good tours. Also there are a ton of other caves in the area. My favorite so far was Lost River Cave in Elizabethtown.

Super Bowl is far and away #1.

Other things on the list:

World Cup Final

Rose Bowl

Masters

Summer Olympics - either basketball final or 100m final

Winter Olympics - either hockey final or curling final (edit: or ANY Norway women's curling match anywhere anytime)

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Top of my list is a World Series game.

Been there, done that. :P

A US Mens World Cup game.

A Bulls finals game

A night SEC football game including tailgating and all that good stuff.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

NBA finals? check check check and a few more checks. My buddy and I split Bull's season tickets during the 90s

About the only watching that is high on my bucket list is a high school team I coach win a championship. I experienced that with middle school kids, I want it with the big kids.

Playing St. Andrews, Pebble Beach, and Renwood Golf Course (again for Renwood).

Baseball parks to go to: SF, San Diego, Seattle, Colorado, Pittsburgh

Football: GB, Dallas, Seattle, KC, Pittsburgh

Hockey: Montreal, Toronto

Basketball: NYK - The Garden

SEC Football - Alabama, LSU, Florida

Big 12 - Texas

PAC 12- Oregon

MWC - Wyoming

Big 10 - Michigan, Ohio State

International - Soccer games in the UK

Working in sports for years worked I'm spoiled and worked most of the events discussed here Olympics, college football games, pro football games (hate to admit it I was employed by the Packers). Al except the world series which I had season tickets in 2005 and bears in 2006. I haven't done the international soccer thing but I once worked in the mexican winter baeball league and it was scary enough.

Being old I want to do the river boat cruise and go to three ball park in a week. I think its the ohio into the Mississippi ruver and you see a game at pnc, great american then busch stadium.

Edited by ptatc

Working in sports for years worked I'm spoiled and worked most of the events discussed here Olympics, college football games, pro football games (hate to admit it I was employed by the Packers). Al except the world series which I had season tickets in 2005 and bears in 2006. I haven't done the international soccer thing but I once worked in the mexican winter baeball league and it was scary enough.

Being old I want to do the river boat cruise and go to three ball park in a week. I think its the ohio into the Mississippi ruver and you see a game at pnc, great american then busch stadium.

That cruise goes right by my house!