Sale switching Sox?

SoCalSox

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
You're not lowering the return by giving up Danks if you're going for all of the young "studs" they have in their organization.

Yes you would.

Let's just say the Sox were to trade Sale and Danks to the Red Sox...

The Red Sox, without any doubt, would give up more for just Chris Sale. Adding Danks to the deal would lower the return prospect-wise.

Sale isn't getting traded, but if Boston decides to offer Betts, Boegaerts, Swihart, Owens and Cecchini..Rick isn't going to say, "well Ben, I am going to need to to take John Danks as well. Hell, you can keep Mookie."

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Yes you would.

Let's just say the Sox were to trade Sale and Danks to the Red Sox...

The Red Sox, without any doubt, would give up more for just Chris Sale. Adding Danks to the deal would lower the return prospect-wise.

Sale isn't getting traded, but if Boston decides to offer Betts, Boegaerts, Swihart, Owens and Cecchini..Rick isn't going to say, "well Ben, I am going to need to to take John Danks as well. Hell, you can keep Mookie."

The White Sox can dictate what they want for Sale, in my opinion. If they're not able to clear payroll to go out and acquire an ace to take Sale's role, then you don't do the deal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
The White Sox can dictate what they want for Sale, in my opinion. If they're not able to clear payroll to go out and acquire an ace to take Sale's role, then you don't do the deal.

They have the payroll space to get an ace as is. I agree they can dictate what they want for Sale, but they're simply not going to drag down the return in any trade involving Chris Sale. The whole convo is dumb, because unless some team wants to clear out a top tier farm system, they're not getting him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
If the Sox trade Sale, they better make the other team take back Danks as well. If the Red Sox want to give the Sox Betts, Bogaerts, Swihart, and a few of their top pitching prospects for Danks and Sale, I think Hahn should do it.

We might as well move to San Antonio at that point because there will be no one going to games on the south side.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
Which is why unloading Danks' contract would be a must in any deal

It shouldn't be a must for any deal. In fact, I would hesitate to include him in any deal as it would reduce the return.

And if we trade Sale we would need someone to pitch.

That said, judging by this thread I thought there was new murmur on trading Sale. I didn't see anything new on that front on twitter.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:09 PM)
We might as well move to San Antonio at that point because there will be no one going to games on the south side.

They won't go no matter what if the Sox don't compete for the division. Just like Reddy, by no means do I want the White Sox to trade Sale. However, if it's a deal that is just far too good to pass up, then they need to consider it.

And I do apologize to all for the stupid XBox trade type suggestions. I'm not a fan of the Red Sox farm system compared to the Cubs, who have the bigger impact talent.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
They won't go no matter what if the Sox don't compete for the division. Just like Reddy, by no means do I want the White Sox to trade Sale. However, if it's a deal that is just far too good to pass up, then they need to consider it.

Such an offer will never occur because that type of trade gets one or both GMs fired, which is why it's ridiculous every time this topic comes up.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
Only the White Sox could have two rumors on the same day which would send the team in two complete opposite directions for the upcoming year lol.

This doesn't even rise to the level of rumor. This is Red Sox idiots throwing s*** at the wall.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
Sale > both of those pitchers

I certainly agree, but big picture, when you get a haul with guys like Owens and Betts to go along with Sherzer/Lester You have to wonder if that team might even be better.

Not gonna happen though...Too risky. If those prospects don't pan out you're f***ed. But it's fun to think about the upside if those guys panned out.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
You should check out the tweets of some internet scrub named Dan_Lifshatz. Dude is convinced this is basically a done deal lol.

Haha, what a coincidence, I had gotten in to a big twitter pissing match with him a few days ago because he was insisting the Sox have "no talent" outside of Sale and Abreu. I mentioned Quintana, and he laughed at me saying he was "a solid #3 guy", as if even if that was true, that would still be considered "no talent". Then when I pointed out that Q was a top 10 pitcher in baseball last year, he laughed at said "Bahahaha, I'm sure Adam Eaton will be a top 10 CF next year too!!!", which is funny because he easily could be. He should have said like Viciedo or something that would have been a stretch. Idiot meatball Boston fan then went on to say "Let's see if the White Sox can get to 74 wins", which was not only never part of my conversation with him, but his Red Sox had a pretty terrible 2014 as well.

Basically his twitter feed is just an abortion. I can't believe anyone allows him to put his radio station's name on his twitter.