Kenny Williams on 670

dayan024

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Said Rodon could succeed in either role from the beginning. (I still think he starts in the minors)

Montas could be in the back of the bullpen. (Again, I think he's in the minors)

I completely agree next week is going to be very active for trades. Should be a lot of fun.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
Thanks for posting.

I see the last few weeks serving as the Sox checking the market and doing a cost-benefit analysis of what they have and what they can get. I expect one "major" trade probably filling the OF need and maybe one smaller move like a relief pitcher.

" one major trade" does that would mean that obtaining Melky from free agency is off on the table?

Edited by sammy esposito

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
Thanks for posting.

I see the last few weeks serving as the Sox checking the market and doing a cost-benefit analysis of what they have and what they can get. I expect one "major" trade probably filling the OF need and maybe one smaller move like a relief pitcher.

I'm going with the major trade will be to acquire pitching probably a starter although not necessarily a mlb veteran.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Recap would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KW said that they want to engage extension talks with Samardzija, they did not have a window to do a deal with trade.

Also said they are pretty low on cash right now, got a little room to spare. Did say they were going to get creative with some other moves.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:52 AM)
Am I the only one around here that's kind of tired of KW still pretending he's the GM and seemingly taking credit for all of Hanhs recent moves?

Well considering Jerry wouldn't grant the Blue Jays permission to talk with KW as of this time because he is needed for our rebuilding effort, it seems like maybe he deserves some of the credit (or at least Jerry thinks so).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
Well considering Jerry wouldn't grant the Blue Jays permission to talk with KW as of this time because he is needed for our rebuilding effort, it seems like maybe he deserves some of the credit (or at least Jerry thinks so).

I don't know if that has anything to do with it, is there any actual information out there about KW having anything to do with any of this other than saying "ok, here is the money to make it happen?" This seems all ego to me.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
My friend just tweeted that he just listened to 670 the score and they said a rumor out there is Danks for Carl Crawford. Anybody hear this?

If thats true they better take ethier instead of crawford.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:55 AM)
I don't know if that has anything to do with it, is there any actual information out there about KW having anything to do with any of this other than saying "ok, here is the money to make it happen?" This seems all ego to me.

Why would JR deprive him of a chance to leave right now then?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
My friend just tweeted that he just listened to 670 the score and they said a rumor out there is Danks for Carl Crawford. Anybody hear this?

Crawford is someone that I think the White Sox have always liked and could be a good fit in LF. If the money works out, then yes please.