Kenny Williams on 670

dayan024

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Why would JR deprive him of a chance to leave right now then?

So I should speculate that KW is behind all of this and Hahn is doing nothing for us? Ever since KW was moved into his made up position he seems hellbent on moving back into the spotlight.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
So I should speculate that KW is behind all of this and Hahn is doing nothing for us? Ever since KW was moved into his made up position he seems hellbent on moving back into the spotlight.

No, I don't think so. I think JR knew he owed Hahn the GM role if he expected to keep him working on the south side, but it sure seems that they work as a team. Hahn is involved on a daily basis, KW does things on a more global level. But when it comes to the Winter Meetings, the trade deadline, etc., it's all hands on deck.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
I looked at Crawford's stats last year. He hit 300 in 400 plate appearances and still had 23 SBs. If he can stay healthy and LA could take back cash, it could be interesting.

Does Crawford ever stay healthy?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
I'd rather keep Danks if that's the kind of money on the line here...

It does kinda make sense I guess, maybe you get the Dodgers to chip in a portion of the difference in the first 2 seasons in exchange for the White Sox taking on the extra year?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 04:06 PM)
The counterpoint is do I want to risk the White Sox's season on Viciedo being a vastly improved, tolerable OF to save that money?

This is a silly hypothetical. Nobody is pointing a gun to our head saying "TAKE CRAWFORD OR YOU'RE STICK WITH VICIEDO"

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
The counterpoint is do I want to risk the White Sox's season on Viciedo being a vastly improved, tolerable OF to save that money?

The issue is with Crawford is it's a massive gamble, and if that kind of money is spent on an aging player who hardly plays, that's less money to spend elsewhere. I think people love the idea of a Crawford more than the actual player Crawford.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)

I think it's safe to speculate that Hahn and Williams work hand in hand with Hahn taking on the day to day responsibilities of the job so Williams can focus on bigger picture ideas and when something important like this comes up, they both have a hand in it.

They are, effectively, "co-managers"

Office_promotion.jpg

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
I think it's safe to speculate that Hahn and Williams work hand in hand with Hahn taking on the day to day responsibilities of the job so Williams can focus on bigger picture ideas and when something important like this comes up, they both have a hand in it.

They are, effectively, "co-managers"

Office_promotion.jpg

Does anyone know how Hahn and KW get along? I have never heard anything negative after all these years...but it has always seemed somewhat strange to me that Hahn would stick around as a GM if KW was still there to "meddle"....unless of course their relationship is good enough to where it doesn't feel like meddling?

QUOTE (Getupstretch39 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
Does anyone know how Hahn and KW get along? I have never heard anything negative after all these years...but it has always seemed somewhat strange to me that Hahn would stick around as a GM if KW was still there to "meddle"....unless of course their relationship is good enough to where it doesn't feel like meddling?

I dunno. Maybe Hahn is smart enough and man enough to not let ego control him. There are good men in the world still.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
KW on MLB Network said the Sox came to San Diego with three targets. They got two.

I'd say number three is Jason Castro.

Still need a LF. No way this team acquired Shark w/ only 1 year on his contract and go into the season with a black hole in LF.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
KW on MLB Network said the Sox came to San Diego with three targets. They got two.

I'd say number three is Jason Castro.

Unless the third target was a landing spot for Danks/Viciedo, I'd think it was a LF to replace Viciedo. CarGo? Wil Myers? Upton? Crawford/Kemp/Ethier? Those seem like the names that have any kind of rumor linked to them.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:45 AM)
That's true. Sox just seem to have a thing with Castro.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 15h15 hours ago

Have heard from multiple people about how much "Rick Hahn loves Jason Castro". Trade candidate. #WhiteSox #Astros

Yup