Kenny Williams on 670

dayan024

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 15h15 hours ago

Have heard from multiple people about how much "Rick Hahn loves Jason Castro". Trade candidate. #WhiteSox #Astros

Yup

Who do the Sox have that Houston would want? Is it worth giving up Anderson for him? Can you get him without giving up Anderson?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 05:12 PM)
Maybe a bullpen arm like Webb and a decent minor leaguer or two (May/Engel) could get Castro.

I know the Sox have their own glut of catchers right now, but Castro/Conger/Corporan/Stassi....seems like something has to give.

in this state of flux the sox is in, the sox can't have too many catchers,

esp young ones.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
That is nowhere near enough but the Astros are of the strangest teams. If Hahn loves Castro as much as the teenaged hack says, that trade would have been made already.

The Astros are the most sabermetric organization in baseball. If their analysis isn't 100% sabermetric, it is very close. It would be a tough match with White Sox prospects. This would probably have to be a 3 way, maybe the 3 way Hahn was refering to last summer.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:45 AM)
That's true. Sox just seem to have a thing with Castro.

I just don't see how we can justify spending significant resources on catcher when we have far greater holes, specifically our outfield defense (and an outfield spot in general) and our defense at 3B. I'd put catcher behind quite a few spots in my priority least (including an improvement in the rotation and another reliever).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:06 PM)
The Astros are the most sabermetric organization in baseball. If their analysis isn't 100% sabermetric, it is very close. It would be a tough match with White Sox prospects. This would probably have to be a 3 way, maybe the 3 way Hahn was refering to last summer.

ahhh i thought he meant it in another way. oops.