Rumor: Dodgers / Sox Talking Danks for Crawford

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Maybe I'm off base here, but Crawford seems to me to be a guy who can transfer quite nicely from a speedster, to more of a power guy with adequate speed. Sort of a Jim Thome with a little less power, but better legs. Is it wrong to think that he could hit 25 - 30 home runs at the cell and provide better than average defense?

If he doesn't have to rely quite so much on his legs he might remain healthier. Then you have the Herm Schnieder effect too.

It's probably wrong since he's never even hit 20 and he's not getting any younger. I understand you're talking about him changing his play style but that's still too optimistic.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Maybe I'm off base here, but Crawford seems to me to be a guy who can transfer quite nicely from a speedster, to more of a power guy with adequate speed. Sort of a Jim Thome with a little less power, but better legs. Is it wrong to think that he could hit 25 - 30 home runs at the cell and provide better than average defense?

If he doesn't have to rely quite so much on his legs he might remain healthier. Then you have the Herm Schnieder effect too.

I think he can be perfectly fine as he ages, but 25 to 30 homers is asking too much. His power is definitely not that good. He could be a 10-15 homer guy at the cell I think.

I'd have no problem with Crawford so long as the cost was adequate.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)

Jim Thome?

While the Dodgers and Padres are continuing to discuss a Matt Kemp deal, the sides do not have a direct match, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports tweets. The clubs are attempting to involve a third team to make a deal, says Rosenthal.

I think we'd match up well here. Grandall to us Danks to LA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
So if you trade Danks, leaving Sale-Shark-Q at the front of the rotation, you now have to fill two slots with some combo of Noesi, Beck, and/or someone you acquire in the meantime. That is a steep drop-off. Rodon can be a 4th, but they are making it sound like he's in the pen to start (or AAA). The other considerable pitching prospects (Montas, Danish, Adams, etc.) are not ready, and the guys between like Recchia are not likely to be much more than #5 guys. You have no room for error. You'd need to find another starter, maybe a McCarthy or someone like that. I don't think you want to go into 2014 Opening Day with Beck, Recchia or anyone else at that level in the rotation if it can be avoided. Both may be more ready later, but neither are now IMO.

I'd pass on this trade, although a 4/5 of Danks/Noesi is pretty weak as it is. I'd expect they'd shore that up anyway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
He is totally forgotten, but I would still hold out some hope for Johnson. I don't think he's a lost cause yet. I definitely think he has a better chance to bounce back than some other 2014 minor league dissappointments.

I brought he and Davidson up last night. Just imagine if they turn it around.

I would trade for Crawford then have Viciedo platoon for Larouche and Crawford. I don't want to give up on him yet. Crawford is still a very good fielder, could deepen the lineup and add some speed to the bottom of the lineup. Plus, he seems like a great guy in the clubhouse. He is not too old to be productive throughout the rest of the contract. I really think there is not much difference between Crawford and Melky.

Edited by kwill

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
I would trade for Crawford then have Viciedo platoon for Larouche and Crawford. I don't want to give up on him yet. Crawford is still a very good fielder, could deepen the lineup and add some speed to the bottom of the lineup. Plus, he seems like a great guy in the clubhouse. He is not too old to be productive throughout the rest of the contract. I really think there is not much difference between Crawford and Melky.

So, Hahn said in his interview today he's very close to his money limit. Crawford has 3 years and $62 million on his deal - $20 mil per year. Even if we sent along Danks, the Dodgers would have to send back a good amount of money to limit the payroll hit to the Sox if he's being truthful with that statement.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)

I agree if you can get the money to even out.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)

Lyndon?

We're heading for SoxTalk armaggedon if Viciedo APPEARS to be the starting LF for the White Sox heading into February.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Lyndon?

We're heading for SoxTalk armaggedon if Viciedo APPEARS to be the starting LF for the White Sox heading into February.

Lyndon Larouche...haven't heard that name in a while.

Really hoped for Viciedo to go this week, but Hahn will get it done eventually. By Jan 23 (Soxfest) this team should look pretty damn good.