Who is the Gillaspie platoon now?

Rowand44

This is my biggest concern on the team. I thought they needed to address the defensive deficiencies at 3B and a corner OF spot. Its great that Shark is here but if they can't catch the ball, what difference does it make? I think it is imperative that Gillaspie is platooned, not just because of his deficiencies hitting LHP, but to also keep his glove off of the field more often. Give me a solid glove-average bat in LF or RF, along with a decent platoon at 3B who can pick it and then I become serious about this team making a run at it.

There was an article recently saying Saladino was trying to be rehabbed for Spring Training. If that were the case, he'd seem to be the favorite. If he's considered the best shortstop out of Semien, Sanchez, and himself, he shouldn't have trouble with 3rd base.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 02:11 PM)
How were Saladino's splits in the minors?

And I'm not freaking out about this or anything, just a talking point as it is something that needs to be filled either internally or outside of the organization.

Way to go out on a limb there!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
How were Saladino's splits in the minors?

And I'm not freaking out about this or anything, just a talking point as it is something that needs to be filled either internally or outside of the organization.

.934 ops vs lhp last year

Not quite as good as Semien but nevertheless pretty damn good.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Matt Davidson........bwahaha, sorry guys a little loopy from all the news today

All kidding aside, it's unfortunate he had a terrible season. He's only going into his age 24 season, so maybe something will click with him eventually.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
All kidding aside, it's unfortunate he had a terrible season. He's only going into his age 24 season, so maybe something will click with him eventually.

Seriously, hopefully the kid picks himself up and can warrant a look during the season. Hahn would have had another feather in his hat had this kid worked out from the start.