2B - So what's the plan?

ChiSox59

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer Sanchez start, he's slappy enough to be effective at the bottom of the order and his glove really impressed me last season. Micah off the bench, pinch hitting and filling in when at 2B when Sanchez moves around the IF.

As far as I'm concerned we are really just waiting for Anderson.

Edit - pinch running

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I'd prefer Sanchez start, he's slappy enough to be effective at the bottom of the order and his glove really impressed me last season. Micah off the bench, pinch hitting and filling in when at 2B when Sanchez moves around the IF.

Micah should not be on the bench, if he is not starting, he needs to be playing everyday in AAA. Saladino is your backup off the bench. Micah needs more seasoning in AAA this season, but could be valuable as a mid season call up or trade chip to get the Sox over the hump/

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
Is 2B and the 9 hole now Micah Johnson's job to lose? Or will it just come down to who performs better in ST between Johnson and Sanchez?

Clearly the SOX really like one of them, unless they have a 1 year stop gap in mind.

Johnson's the guy, and I'd bat him 8.

1. Spanky

2. Mysterion (Cargo if Danks/Tanks moved elsewhere?)

3. Everyday Damage

4. Massive Elk

5. No Neck

6. Smiley

7. Fats

8. Running as if trying to escape Indiana

9. Flower Power

If Rodon's the horse I think he is, they'll have 4 guys we'll feel good about starting in October. Ohhh, yeahhh

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)

Edit - pinch running

Lol, Micah would not be on the bench. He will be starting in AAA or MLB

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:09 PM)
Johnson's the guy, and I'd bat him 8.

1. Spanky

2. Mysterion (Cargo if Danks/Tanks moved elsewhere?)

3. Everyday Damage

4. Massive Elk

5. No Neck

6. Smiley

7. Fats

8. Running as if trying to escape Indiana

9. Flower Power

If Rodon's the horse I think he is, they'll have 4 guys we'll feel good about starting in October. Ohhh, yeahhh

Mysterion_Leprechaun_in_Alabama-s400x300

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Seriously though, it seems that everything has pointed at the Sox organization being in love with Micah for a while now, I think he's your starting 2b.

I think it's completely at odds with the kind of "win now moves" we just made, but it definitely fits the White Sox's classic mold.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Seriously though, it seems that everything has pointed at the Sox organization being in love with Micah for a while now, I think he's your starting 2b.

I agree, Hawk crushed on him all year. I don't think he's ready though. It might not be pretty.

Get Bonifacio. He's Bona-FEE-day.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
Micah has been talked about as a possible top 100 prospect. They might give him some more time in AAA but at some point he is no doubt the second baseman of the future.

Without Semien on this roster we really do have a need for Sanchez on the bench, unless we want Leury on the big league roster again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
I think it's completely at odds with the kind of "win now moves" we just made, but it definitely fits the White Sox's classic mold.

Most good teams have at least one rookie to break in. I think that's why last year was a "re-bulding" year. The Sox knew they were going to have a number of rookies and wanted to see what they had. The hitters, Abreu, Eaton, showed well. The bullpen pitchers not so much hence the additions in the pitching staff. This year they cn compete with the one rookie in the lineup.