2B - So what's the plan?

ChiSox59

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
I think Sanchez starts out the year locked in at second and Johnson has time to get more polished in AAA.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Let Johnson and Leury play 2B/SS at Charlotte to start the season in 2016. If the Sox need them they are only a phone call away.

Let Saladino be the backup to Gillaspie, Alexei and Sanchez.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
0 chance at this point. We're trying to win this year, Alexei isn't going anywhere.

Asdrubal Cabrera. Most likely it will be Sanchez with Micah waiting on the wings. Then when Johnson is ready, Sanchez

can be the utility infielder

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
i like it, actually that is a nice slogan for a commercial.

i have been saying this in not so uncertain terms, but with another one declaring, i

might as well say it again.

i would love to hear from the Cuban's Jose Fernadez - 2b, but i sure would like to know

more about the other player, Dian Toscano, a left batting, right hand throwing cf.

either way, i always been pushing for Fernadez.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
Asdrubal Cabrera. Most likely it will be Sanchez with Micah waiting on the wings. Then when Johnson is ready, Sanchez

can be the utility infielder

i do like the idea, but i wonder what is his salary demands.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 04:08 PM)
i have been saying this in not so uncertain terms, but with another one declaring, i

might as well say it again.

i would love to hear from the Cuban's Jose Fernadez - 2b, but i sure would like to know

more about the other player, Dian Toscano, a left batting, right hand throwing cf.

either way, i always been pushing for Fernadez.

Toscano signed yesterday.

I think it's very likely that we get a Johnson vs. Sanchez battle in spring training. And quite frankly, I think this is Johnson's job to lose. He has a chance to be a dynamic offensive player and offers plus range at 2B. He obviously has a ways to go on the defensive side of the ball, but the physical ability is there to be an above average defender and I think spending a year alongside Alexei could do him some good. I'd much rather roll the dice on Micah next year than give 600 plate appearances to Sanchez, who offers very limited upside with the bat. Carlos profiles much better as a reserve infielder and that's exactly how we should use him next year unless Johnson looks completely worthless in spring training.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 9, 2014 -> 07:24 PM)
I think Sanchez gets a little underrated. Not saying he's going to be great or anything but I can see him hitting something like .270/.330/.380, which will be fine if he plays a + 2B.

Agreed. Sanchez is only 22 years old and by some, is already written off as a super sub back up type. I think Sanchez's game is better than its given credit for. Personally, I like Sanchez's overall game better than Johnson's and I'm hoping its Sanchez playing second everyday for the Sox.

Probably a 3 way battle in the spring between Sanchez, Garcia, and Johnson. Johnson is clearly the guy they would want to win the job, but he may not be ready. Garcia was not a MLB caliber player this past season, and Sanchez doesn't seem to be anything special.

Too many outs still in this lineup, including 2B, 3B, LF and C. This is a position that will have to be addressed from within.