White Sox Rule V results

ChiSox59

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:39 PM)
So it WAS beneficial for Nieto? He was able to learn about life at the big leagues, learn from big league players and coaches, and what it takes to stay in the majors. It wasn't beneficial for the team in that he didn't provide much value for us.

Define beneficial. I think it would have been more beneficial for Nieto to get every day playing time, however, as an organization, we have a catcher that we wouldn't have had who looks like he could be a nice back-up and has league average potential, all for $25K + the league minimum salary we paid him. While it might not have helped us win games last year, he is an asset we have today that we wouldn't have had otherwise and that asset is more valuable than what we invested in him in year 1.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
And the Robertson signing isn't official yet. They said it would be a couple of days. Seems to me they have their eye on someone, either in this draft or some sort of trade.

The Sox just sent out an email saying that singing was now official.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
DeShilelds Jr sounds really intriguing. I could 100% see him as a guy the White Sox target.

Agree 100%.

If he was 75% of the player his father was his first 5 or so years in the majors with the Expos, you'd have a nifty piece and a base-running threat to counter what the Royals do with Dyson and Gore.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
DeShilelds Jr sounds really intriguing. I could 100% see him as a guy the White Sox target.

Seeing that name reminded of his dad and how much fun it was to watch the expos of the early 90s. Deshields, marquis grissom, larry walker, moises alou, john wetteland, pedro martinez. Its too bad bad the 94 WS and season was cancelled. Seeing that team in the playoffs could have changed baseball in Montreal. That was one of the most entertaining teams ever to watch /old guy reminiscing.

Edited by ptatc

Jed Bradley sounds like a good candidate to take and utilize as a LOOGY, if he can put everything together working with Coop, he could be a potential rotation piece down the road. I like the idea of Matt Hobood too, former #5 pick, 94-96 mph fastball but has had development hampered by injuries. He could be hid in the bullpen and used as a mopup guy. Whit Merrifield is a position player that would make sense to compete with Garcia and Saladino for the UTL role.