These moves are awesome, if ..........

shago

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 11:03 PM)
I share what I can. I'm not a an oracle. I'll use IMO next time.

I've had my share of solid info on deals though, but I get as much bs info fed to me as the next guy.

I'm kinda new as a member, not as a lurker an one of the reasons I became a member is to say Thank You to you an everyone else who fills my head with info, so Thank You

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
John Danks, while not well liked around these parts, is a solid #4. Sure, he's paid like 2 or 3, but he is just fine as a #4.

The main need is obviously LF. I still expect to see Melky, Rasmus or Aoki on this club, and if not, the LF will come via trade.

I am fine going to battle with Gillaspie at 3B (sign Bonafacio, Rick..he's a perfect fit and platoon w/ Conor against LHP) and Flowers at C.

Danks is pitching like a #5 for a good team. I guess the plan is with a fortified pen, they can withstand 6 innings and out of Danks and Noesi pretty well and they are probably right.

Bonifacio is terrible. He had good splits last year but not the year before.

Aoki is okay, but I wish he was better defensively.

Still, I wouldn't do anything drastic at this point. We probably need to keep Danks (Rodon should not spend a second in the majors until 100% ready).

They need someone in LF. Hopefully they will continue down the road of not trading top prospects, esp. for someone on their downward arc (which is where most of the outfielders on the block are).

They don't need to encumber their entire budget right now. They probably want to sign Jeff S long-term and there will be better hitters available.

As for this LH stuff, why is it normal for a LH hitter not to be able to hit LH pitchers? The same isn't true for RH hitters and RH pitchers.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
I'm kinda new as a member, not as a lurker an one of the reasons I became a member is to say Thank You to you an everyone else who fills my head with info, so Thank You

i know, i do my best, i deserve all the credit, you are welcome. :D