Anybody else having trouble supporting this team?

ron883

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)
I just can't bring myself to support this team fully. Sure, they will be good, but it is full of cheaters. Melky, Q, Flowers. Signing Melky was the final straw for me. I can't support a team full of roiders. I hate the Bosox championship teams with Manny and ortiz. Its going to be tough to support them because I can't stand cheaters in baseball, and I know a championship will be marked by an asterik if they DO win it. Anybody else feel that same way as me? I wish Melky was not signed. Leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

meh...no. I think you're probably one of the very few that views the Chicago White Sox as a bunch of "roiders". Lemme ask you a question?...are you a Bulls fan?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always had the philosophy of supporting the White Sox regardless of the way the season was/is going. I am not just a fair weather fan. I find it hard to criticize even though I do at times. I do not believe in name calling. I like al the transactions the Sox have made this off season and actually am quite impressed with what has been accomplished. I am ready for 2015 and there might even be some additional moves. As far as Cabrera is concerned I think he learned from his mistake and attribute it to the tremendous pressure youth is under to make it in this sport and get out of the poverty in which many foreign (Latin) players liver under.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
So your point is in part based on the sentiment that "Alex Rodriguez's contract is a solid one"?

i highly doubt at the time you'd be against bringing A-Rod to the South Side if the opportunity would have presented itself.

sadly, his HUGE contract set the new standard for all baseball contracts since then.

did the Yankees get some serviceable years out of him? yes.

did they overpay? yes. but didn't you just say last week that EVERYONE overpays...?

QUOTE (peppers312 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
i highly doubt at the time you'd be against bringing A-Rod to the South Side if the opportunity would have presented itself.

sadly, his HUGE contract set the new standard for all baseball contracts since then.

did the Yankees get some serviceable years out of him? yes.

did they overpay? yes. but didn't you just say last week that EVERYONE overpays...?

At the time of his second contract, when we all knew he was a cheater? Yeah, that contract was f***ing stupid the moment he signed it, and a lot of people felt that way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 04:46 PM)
At the time of his second contract, when we all knew he was a cheater? Yeah, that contract was f***ing stupid the moment he signed it, and a lot of people felt that way.

you didn't know in 2007 that he was juicing. you're a liar if you say you did.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
meh...no. I think you're probably one of the very few that views the Chicago White Sox as a bunch of "roiders". Lemme ask you a question?...are you a Bulls fan?

Yes, I am a Bulls fan. I don't care if Rose cheated on a test either.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
I think you're overstating a little bit here. I wouldn't go so far as the team being "fueled" by roiders... and I really do believe if the Sox were to win a World Series next year, not many people would point at the Melky signing and say "They're cheaters". It's in his past now. You will want to cheer for Melky in the #2 spot because he should be seeing a lot of good pitches to hit with Abreu right behind him... and by all accounts, the guy knows how to hit.

Another way to look at it is, had the Blue Jays won the World Series, would you be calling them cheaters and fueled by steroids? That's almost impossible to have happen. I know I wouldn't have.

Let me ask you something. Do you view the Ortiz-Manny championship teams with an asterik next to it? I sure as hell do. I don't like that the Sox #2 hitter and a their #2/3 pitcher are certified cheaters. I don't want any possible championship run tainted by in asterisk, in my mind or in the public's mind.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
Yes, I am a Bulls fan. I don't care if Rose cheated on a test either.

Well that's a double standard. Rose cheated on a test so he could enter the NCAA system, get drafted first overall, and make more money than if he hadn't cheated. Melky Cabrera took a substance to improve his performance so he could make more money than if he hadn't taken it - and unlike Rose, he has been legitimately punished.

I mean, the mental gymnastics to judge one of these situations okay and the other worthy of swearing off a team..

QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Let me ask you something. Do you view the Ortiz-Manny championship teams with an asterik next to it? I sure as hell do. I don't like that the Sox #2 hitter and a their #2/3 pitcher are certified cheaters. I don't want any possible championship run tainted by in asterisk, in my mind or in the public's mind.

There would be no asterisk. All these players were punished, served their time, and are now presumably clean because they get tested regularly.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
No I don't. And people view Sox championship with an asterisk because of AJ and the rest of the league must have been terrible because White Sox won. If you are looking for legitimacy, you shouldn't have chosen the White Sox.

Shouldn't have chosen baseball.