Should I?

Baron

Figured I'd ask you guys. These went on sale today

http://www.chicagosportsdepot.com/ws16477.html

The really only relevant jersey I have today is Cutler(I dont go around wearing that one). I dont like buying jersey's of people on 1 year deals though. But I figured this was a nice way to support the team in a small way and early birthday present to me.

So to make a long story short. Do you think it's a good idea to buy one?

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section)

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)

The really only relevant jersey I have today is Cutler(I dont go around wearing that one). I dont like buying jersey's of people on 1 year deals though. But I figured this was a nice way to support the team in a small way and early birthday present to me.

Why not Abreu or Sale?

I personally wouldn't. I still have an 83 custom Quentin jersey lol I'd go with sale or abreu probably.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
I thought about it. But I dont like to blend in when I go to games if you catch my drift.

Heh then Samardzija is probably not a prime choice.

Go with Flowers. I doubt he has many people wearing his jersey. Maybe Quintana too.

You just don't know if he'll be around.

I was given a Pablo Ozuna jersey once. It is authentic and has the 2005 WS patch on it. It's pretty sweet, but I wish like hell it was someone else.

I was 14 at the time, and man did I love me some Ozuna.

Just so I don't get too much flack, I also own a Rowand, Buehrle, Konerko, Peavy, Quentin, Danks, Beckham and Sale jerseys. Sale is my most recent and I went with the Red pinstripes 1971 jersey they wore a few years back, so it doesn't blend in too much.

Edited by ChiSox59

I'd go for someone with a longer contract.

I just went with my favorite player of all time when buying a jersey (Frank Thomas). Baseball is such a scary business, you can buy a jersey and the guy can be traded in a few months. Safe bet is to go with an all time favorite player or a young player with a longer contract (Sale, Abreu, Quintana, Eaton, Garcia)

If you want one cheap buy it from a Cubs fan . Add some alterations to it to make it unique like change the pinstripes from blue to black and find a JAWS, Notre Dame and Sox patches to stick/sew on it . Or use a San Jose SHarks emblem cut out the hockey stick in it's mouth and replace it with a baseball bat. There u go unique as hell.