• 24-29
    • 30-35
    • 36-41
    • 42-47
    • 48-53
    • 54-58
    • 59-64
    • 65+
  3. 3. What is your marital/family status?

• Single
    • Married
    • Single with kid(s)
    • Married with kid(s)
    • Grandparent

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
Ah, I see one other person has joined me in the 42-47 bracket. The old fogies.

For the record, I JUST turned 42 a few days ago.

3 of us in the bracket so far 44 and holding.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
First MLB game was 1979...Gary Templeton and the Cardinals played at Wrigley.

Do those 45 and older get a SoxTalk member discount or at least a discount card for Arby's or something?

Love me some Big Beef N' Cheddar sandwiches with curly fries!!!

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 06:09 AM)
This poll makes me feel old. I'm at the top of the 36-41 range.

What makes me feel really old is when I look at when some of the young Sox players were born. I was a year out of high school before Rodon was even born.

With Konerko retired, this is the first time ever that I’m older than every single player on the White Sox 40 man roster. :(

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
I'm a little surprised no one has voted that is under the age of 23. It's crazy because that's the age range a ton of us were when this site started... But I know it's early in the day - maybe they are all still asleep.

Edit: Looks like it took 26 votes to get someone in that age range.

I think forums are going the way of the dodo bird unfortunately with the younger generation. I hope I'm wrong, but they seem to get their discussion fix via social media more than not. I started when I was 14 here, and was on the espn sox forum probably when I was 11. Seems to be the case for a lot of members.

I think forums are going the way of the dodo bird unfortunately with the younger generation. I hope I'm wrong, but they seem to get their discussion fix via social media more than not. I started when I was 14 here, and was on the espn sox forum probably when I was 11. Seems to be the case for a lot of members.

Nothing makes someone 40 feel old quite like someone who is 24 talking about the younger generation.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)

Yeah, I wondered about that. I couldn't think of a reason why, but I guess the social media aspect makes sense. That's sad, though. I don't think you can get near the quality of discussion on some social media site as you can on a message board like Soxtalk.

I was on WSI, ESPN, MLB forums all in the early 2000s before finding SoxNet and then eventually SoxTalk.

Dasox24 was a screen name I picked in 6th grade - I used it on WSI and maybe ESPN. I remember because 24 was my jersey number in football that year. I can say this: Dasox24 would not be my screen name if I were to choose one now. And yet, as long as SoxTalk is around, I'll never change it.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
Tex hasn't completed poll yet....65+ is still at 0.

Thank you for making the cutoff 53 :angry: Put me in an older category. It is weird when I think of some posters and realizing my kids are older. I forget when I was older than everyone on the 40 man roster. I do know that we have never had a president younger than me. (Obama is two weeks older).

When I see how many kids were in high school when they started posting here I realize I could be talking to one of my students. That is really weird and something I would prefer to avoid.