Non-Roster Invites

flavum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)
Kiley McDaniel ‏@kileymcd 13m13 minutes ago

Source: White Sox sign former Dodgers 1B Chris Jacobs to a minor league deal. 25 homers in the Cal League last year.

He's played 29 games above A ball. Probably won't be invited to major league camp. Just a minor league transaction.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
If they need a 1B NRI, Dan Black is more likely than this guy.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
And he's 26.

They had to send him back down to A ball mid year last year. But he raked A ball.

Most likely Dan Black and Andy Wilkins are the 1B/DH's in Charlotte (AAA) next year. Barnum probably is in Birmingham (AA), with Jacobs playing the role Marrero did this past year (1B/DH, mostly DH). Danny Hayes at 1B in Winston-Salem (A+). One of the rookie ball guys at Kannapolis, none of them stood out really. That's your 1B/DH depth chart as it stands today.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I'd swap Wilkins for AAA bullpen man, no room for him here

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
You still need depth. If LaRoche goes down, he provides at least some sort of upside to the position.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of Wilkins or Black gets traded in a minor league deal before April. But neither are getting you a major leaguer. Wilkins might get an interesting minors arm, but not VERY interesting.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 19, 2014 -> 07:13 AM)
Most likely Dan Black and Andy Wilkins are the 1B/DH's in Charlotte (AAA) next year. Barnum probably is in Birmingham (AA), with Jacobs playing the role Marrero did this past year (1B/DH, mostly DH). Danny Hayes at 1B in Winston-Salem (A+). One of the rookie ball guys at Kannapolis, none of them stood out really. That's your 1B/DH depth chart as it stands today.

Looks like he has the career trajectory of Jared Mitchell, only 2 levels below.

I hate to say it but Kottaras may be our best bench bat right now. I see he played 2 games in the OF, 8 at 1B and 1 at 3B. Versatile!

Edited by GreenSox