Jeong-Ho Kang

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
We tried to and still are trying to move Viciedo to fit Melky under our payroll. One way or the other, Viciedo's contract won't be on our books come opening day.

Now if we want to sign more free agents, we'd need to move John Danks, and good luck finding any takers for him.

I definitely think we'll move Viciedo, but it has nothing to do with Melky's salary. Hahn made it pretty clear that Reinsdorf agreed to increase payroll in order to sign Melky. Any savings by moving Viciedo will likely go towards adding bench pieces that are better fits than Tank. I really don't think we have to clear salary at this point.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which if you compare our payroll of $90 mil last year, we do now have an increased payroll. Who knows how much of a leash JR has given Hahn. We could already be past our limits with Melky and moving DV would be a move to scale it back to JR's range.

I'll trust our resident insider sources who have come through more times than not when they say we are done with major signings. That plus there are absolutely no rumors of Kang to the Sox put our chances at slim to none.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 11:48 PM)
I would much rather have gotten this guy than Melky. Coulda signed this guy and somebody like Aoki for cheap.

Greg, when you take ridiculous stances like this, it would be better if you explain them. Melky Cabrera is a better player than Aoki and is far safer than Kang. Have you ever seen Kang play or have you just seen his numbers from the KBO?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Greg, when you take ridiculous stances like this, it would be better if you explain them. Melky Cabrera is a better player than Aoki and is far safer than Kang. Have you ever seen Kang play or have you just seen his numbers from the KBO?

The fact the winning bid was $5 million pretty much tells you that no one thinks his numbers will translate to MLB. If they did, there would have been another zero on that bid.