2015 Recruiting thread

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 09:08 AM)
Jaquan Lyle apparently committed to OSU, do any schools learn that this guy just wont make it in?

He was eligible at Oregon but didnt make it because of their sanctions at the time, I am guessing the year at Huntington made him eligible for OSU

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
He was eligible at Oregon but didnt make it because of their sanctions at the time, I am guessing the year at Huntington made him eligible for OSU

If he actually enrolls and plays at OSU I'll eat a piece of paper.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Where did this comefrom anyways? They have like negative scholarship players on their roster. Pretty sure he was just inelgible

The Scout bball guy (Brian Snow) said there was a class they didnt like on his transcript but they could have made it work but didnt because of the NCAA heat on them at the time. Then he went to IMG and then Huntington

Here are a few things on Lyle

1) He is as talented a player as there has been in this part of the country in a while. He is just incredible when focused and in shape. However that hasn't really happened with him throughout his high school career.

2) He is still very much out of shape, but he does seem more focused at the moment and seemingly has been on the right track at IMG Academy.

3) This is a kid who can play PG or SG. Defensively he is best as a wing, offensively he is tremendous as a PG. He really scores it, but he is as good a passer as there is in high school basketball as well.

4) He qualified coming out of HS (barely) but there was an issue with Oregon accepting a class from Evansville Bosse HS and it caused some trepidation on Oregon's end combined with the issues Oregon had, and he wasn't allowed to enroll.

5) He can't "sign" now. He will do that during the late signing period in April.

Brian Snow

Basketball Recruiting Analyst

bsnow@scout.com

Edited by RockRaines

Tomorrow will be interesting to see if Harbaugh can get some kids to flip. I'm sure the fan base will panic if he can't, despite having to come in so late.

We'll see if he can get Weber to come back after decommiting and recommiting to OSU. Plus he is in on some 5 stars. We'll see.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
I'd be confident in Weber if I was you. His HS coach really delivered him back to his OL college QB.

That's the vibe people are getting but don't believe anything until its official.

Probably going to whiff on Marshall and Clark but could steal a WR from Ole Miss.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 09:53 AM)
That's the vibe people are getting but don't believe anything until its official.

Probably going to whiff on Marshall and Clark but could steal a WR from Ole Miss.

You talking about Jefferson? Not sure you want that guy's baggage, or his Dad's I should say. I have Michigan getting Clark though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 02:02 PM)
I know nothing about his baggage. Just decommitted from Ole Miss though.

You know what I say, who cares, get that W.

It looks like we may be taking a transfer from Bama, i'm sure he's a rocket scientist.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
You know what I say, who cares, get that W.

Exactly. Harbaugh has had a month. Started in a hole. Could have top 10 class on 2016, but that's a long way ahead.

I find it odd that Clark is announcing at 8:30 am eastern time, well before UCLA kids are up. Probably looking too much into it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
Clark picked UCLA. Kinda shocked there.

Michigan will get Weber back though which should help.

I wasn't. Heard for past couple weeks that he and Mora are tight. I'm assuming Michigan lands Wheatley.

Will be uncomfortable when Mora splits in a year or so.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 08:51 AM)
Something going on there. They're getting everyone

Maybe this tweet from the #2 running back who chose UCLA over Texas explains it all

SOMI JaMITCHELL

‏@Soso_Jamabo1

Officially Committed...Asian Girls Everywhere...UCLA